Thursday, February 11, 2010

Life in Action

Am I the only one who has these great ideas and wonderful intentions but the follow through is the problem?  I do that all the time. I have this folder full of ideas of things I want to create, paintings I want to begin, decorating ideas to try out, signs I want to paint, even some sewing I want to do…but when it comes time to actually do those things, I just kinda peter out.

I really have to stop that and get my butt in gear. There are only so many days in a lifetime and I know that I am wasting my days with this procrastination of mine.

I think it’s just a matter of making myself go into my studio cause once I’m in there, I have a blast. I guess it all comes down to drive and initiative, huh? No wait, it comes to ACTION…anyone can think of great things, it’s putting action into it that makes them come to life. I have to focus on acting on my ideas. Yea, that’s it…action.

live your love Valentines Day is coming up and that is what was on my mind when I was playing in my art journal. (Sorry the page on the right is kinda blurry…my art journal has gotten so thick that it’s hard to scan the pages anymore.) I think it pretty much speaks for itself (click to enlarge it so you can read…if ya wanna.)

In other news, I’m really looking forward to beginning the wonderful “Art Journal LOVE Letters” workshop love affair this weekend. I know that Connie is as excited as we, her students, are about this new adventure. I hope that some of you are coming along with us…it’s going to be a blast.

Now, I am going to get up off my duff and move into the studio…maybe I’ll actually get something done…if so, I’ll be sure to share it with y’all. Wish me luck.

Peace & Love,
Barb

14 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more with the words in your journal. I feel this way about all the holiday that have been commercilized. Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day & even Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was born in the wrong era, because I really want things to be simpler. I like making my own Valenties, and we really do keep Christmas more old fashioned that others we know.
    I love this page, it is really sweet.
    Hugs, Mary
    And I love all that you are doing to your house...home sweet home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Barb! You are right! Action is the key word! You'll never get anything done if you don't take action! And action is the key to fighting fear ... taking baby step actions gets you on the way! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So inspiring Barb! I also have many lists of ideas, but usually end up just going with the flow when I sit down at my art table. Can't wait to see what you do next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always have the best of intentions and plans...just never the followthrough!!

    beautiful journal pages, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey my friend, happens to the best of us. Everyday!! Love the spread. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Barb! Just wanted to pop in and let you know that I'm taking Connie's fabulous "love affair" workshop too... I'm so excited to be among art journal lovelies like you! Can't wait.

    Speaking of which, yes, ACTION is the way to go--exactly why I signed up for the course. I was tired of promising myself I would get back to art journaling "sometime"...no more. Action means "do it now!"

    Looking forward to sharing this journey with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I'm in the LOVE workshop, too. Just wanted to say hi. :) I'm excited to see what everybody creates.

    Wishing you LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Barb,

    I am taking Connie's class too and it is a stretch for me since I collage but am not a journalista like
    some of you gals. Your pages are beautiful. I read your last post and why ever would you want to be other than who you are, your voice in your journals is loud and clear and gorgeous.....forget the grunge, go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm a great starter and a terrible finisher! i'm glad that it's not just me that suffers from new-idea-itis. love your journal page!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Barb-Your journal page is absolutely beautiful!! Thanks for sharing. Sounds like it will be a wonderful class.

    I also wanted to share with you that I started a forum for our "reduce clutter; create space" explorers. You'll find it on the right side of my blog, labeled "reduce clutter FORUM", or directly from this link.

    http://freespiritknits.blogspot.com/p/reduce-clutter-forum.html

    Your space is looking awesome over here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Barb, darling, you've left me comments and I have no email address for them. Please please send me a note so I can write you a love letter. kiraboshi(at)gmail.com love, kira

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love you pages. I too need to be more disaplined. I'm easily sidetracked and persuaded!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...