Saturday, January 30, 2010

Just Keepin’ it Real

I know I said I would hopefully post pictures of the dining room window seat post decorating but, well, I can’t yet.

I have actually worked on those cushions for the dining room window seat but….yeah, you knew there’d be a but in there, didn’t ya?….BUT, I kinda sewed myself into a corner of sorts. 

Instead of using a pattern or directions of any sort, me, in my infinite (NOT!) wisdom, decided to wing it.  LOL  I should have known from the get-go that this project wasn’t going to be easy since when I wing it things are always a bazillion times tougher than they need be.

*sigh*

I’m trying to work out (on paper and in my head) how to make my closure/flappy things without having to do zippers…no way am I putting zippers in these babies!…and it’s really taxing my brain but I think I have it figured out.

If all goes well maybe I can post pics later this evening *crossing fingers* and then maybe, if they turn out well, I’ll even tell y’all the secret details. *snicker*

Wish me luck…I’m goin’ back in!

Peace & Love,
Barb

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Barb! Why not do them like pillow shams? They have an opening in the center of the backs ... which would be the bottoms ... and it overlaps slightly, but easy to get on and off for laundry? Just an idea! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok...sorry.got distracted when you said "snicker". My mind went elsewhere...you know...to that chocolate peanuty goodness...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..

    ok...I'm back! well, since I have no sewing ability nor knowledge, I have nothing to offer. I'll just wait to see how they turned out. You are the talented one. They'll be great. I know it!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay, you're following my genius winging-it advice! So much more fun than the traditional Learn How to Do It The Right Way ;)

    Hey, when you're ore settled, do you want to swap art journal packets - like, little collections of found objects from our own little worlds to each other?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I.m glad,I found your blog. You are such an up person you make everyone feel good. Just hang in there thing will get better. As for your pillows, have you thought of Velcro? I'm real looking forward to all your up dates to your lovely new home. I just retire and got my first blog. I'm trying to learn what to do with it.
    I'm at retirenowtimeforfun.blogspot.com. If I can work it out, I'll add you to my blog.
    Have a special day, Gloria-Jean P.S. I don't know what a profile is. You are the person, I have left a comment. Sorry if I do it wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck to you!!

    I wanted to share with you that I started a Free Spirit Knits fan page on Facebook. If you want to share your blog entries about your creative journey, as well as your "reduce clutter; create space" exploration..please share with us!

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Free-Spirit-Knits/277629364411

    Happ Day to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...