Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ch-ch-changes

Still making progress on all the homefront issues…the hubby is continuing to feel better and better, the “new” house is getting more and more comfy-cozy with all the decorating touches I am continuing to add, and IMG_0466(drumroll, please…) we’ve adopted a new family member… 

This is Tyson, the new man in my life. LOL

He was in a very neglectful situation and needed rescuing into a loving home situation…now he has it with us. He has quickly become the apple of my eye…I adore him like crazy. I can attest to the fact that he’s pretty damn attached to me, too. He’s still got some adjusting to do in order to be completely comfortable here after all he’s been through in his five years of life but he/we are getting there.IMG_0479

Creatively on tap today I am going to be recovering some horribly fugly (uh, southwestern decor went out AGES ago, tyvm) cushions that I already have (it’s all about using what we already have, right?) for the window seat in the dining room, here: IMG_0441It’s just such a beautiful sun-soaked place to sit and relax and it needs some pretty cushions to do that relaxing, reading, daydreaming on, don’t you think?  I love funky color and patterns so I’m going with some bright and beautiful coloring for the cushion covers and for the window treatment, too. Hopefully I’ll be able to show my progress tomorrow (keep your fingers crossed.)

I really can’t wait to make this a more appealing and comfy space…I’ve got my birdfeeders on a small tree outside the windows and love sitting and watching them eat. Even saw a beautiful redheaded woodpecker out there this morning; man, was he gorgeous..

Well, the electrician is here to rewire some outside lighting that was done very shoddy by the previous tenants and to add some outlets to my daughter & SIL’s room so I think I’ll get moving and start my sewing projects while catch up on my favorite podcasts.

Y’all have a great Thursday….and thanks for all the kind thoughts and well wishes, not to mention a huge thanks to my new readers. You guys really do lift my soul.

Peace & Love,
Barb

7 comments:

  1. I feel like a neighbor, just a few miles up the road in tn - found you in the kelly kilmer class. just had to comment on your new family member, he is just gorgeous. You did good!!! I'm looking forward to hearing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Barb! Tyson is wonderful! And I love that window seat overlooking the tree. I can envision some bird feeders out there, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your window seat looks wonderful! I so wish I had one! I'm sure you'll have some wonderful moments there!!! Glad things are going better for you. You and your DH are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey lady, great pal you have now. So glad things are starting to be better for you. Love that window seat. I have always wanted one since I saw "Arsenic and Old Lace." when I was a kid. I think I would just use it for reading, though. *wink* Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tyson is gorgeous, what a great looking dog. Enjoy your new home and companion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi barb! i miss your journal pages! they are wonderful! please visit my blog! i have a fantastic givaway!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...