Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Before & After

I have so much I want to do right now and packing and moving are not included in that list of things. 

What I’d really like is to already be at the new house with my art studio all painted and set up so I can just go close myself up in there for hours and play and paint and rip paper and spread glue and journal and just create pretty things that make me happy.

But that’s not how it is right now…packing and moving have to be done first.

*sigh* 

Pre-move painting is done….out of necessity, not that it’s actually complete.  We did the rooms that HAD to be done and will paint my studio, the kitchen cabinets and the walls in the hall, not to mention an all out redo of the 2nd bathroom and laundry room after we move in.  There was only so much time so prioritizing had to be done.

Here is some of the progress we’ve made (before & during/after) in pictures:LR fireplace before-duringLiving room fireplace before and during (it’s done now, though.)

Window Seat Before and AfterDining room window seat before and after. 

Dining Room Fireplace Before and After Dining room fireplace (and half the french doors into the living room that still need to be scraped) before and after.

Hall before-after This before and after is in the hall.  The house was built in the 30’s or so (I’m going to find out more about the house after we get moved) and this cabinet is a can closet for all the canned goods. The door to the left of the can closet goes into my studio. (And yes, that fugly wallpaper is definitely going but that will have to be done after we’ve moved in.)

So, you can see how busy we’ve been. I am so exhausted and my heart just wants to be done with this crazy move. I have art journaling I need to do for my Kelly Kilmer class but it’s just going to have to wait.  My mind knows that we’ll be settled in within a week or so and I will have beautiful places to sit and journal with my morning coffee, to paint and collage til my heart’s content.

I keep telling myself, just a little more time and all will settle down. Just a little more time…

If I’m not around for a few days, y’all will know why…packing and moving.  Oh joy.  Wish me luck.

Peace, Love & Art,
Barb

4 comments:

  1. Everything looks so great! I can't wait to see the rest, and the studio! ;)

    Wow the 30's... I lived in an apartment that was built in teh early 1900's the dining room and living room were covered in this god awful textured walpaper. After I moved out my roommate asked permission to pull it down and paint... There were about 10 layers of wallpaper and the walls underneath were terrible, CHUNKS of wall came off with the paper. They spent more time patching and sealing than the final painting.

    You might want to go with a peel at the corners to see what's beneath, if it's well sealed you might be able to prime and paint the wallpaper itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say that the hall is "wallpaper" but it is actually what they put out in the 50's (I think) called "wall board." The print (ugly as it is) is actually printed directly on the board so it will take a coat of paint with no peeling or worry of having to strip wallpaper. (I've already done patch tests and it paints wonderfully with Kilz Colors, One coat guarantee paint. YAY!)
    Peace, Love & Art,
    ~Barb~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Barb! Congratulations on your new home! I'm so glad to see that you are taking time to personalize it and make it yours. The white fireplace and trim looks SO much better than the forest green! Hang in there. And, wooo-hooo! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hearting that house!!!! I love older homes with their graciously sized rooms. That house has soooo much potential. But then, you knew that, right?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...