Thursday, December 31, 2009

Another One…

…has come and gone. 

Another year, that is.

It’s New Year’s Eve, we’ve been to the “new” house to make plans for what is going where, where to have the satellite cables run, and to plan for painting (which begins tomorrow).  The hubby is sitting beside me, playing one of the PS3 games I got him for Christmas, youngest daughter and her hubby are in the basement playing on the internet, the oldest daughter and grandson are at home in Arkansas, so that means we’re all safe and sound.

That is a good thing…all my babies, safe and sound.

It’s hard not to do the whole “reflecting on the year that’s past” thing but I’m going to limit it to saying that 2009 was a year full of learning, healing (physically and mentally), mending fences with family, self examination, lots of laughter, a few tears here and there…but most of all, it has been a year full of love.  Love shared with the man I feel I was born to love, love of my children and grandson, my family and many friends…a few old ones and many, many new ones.

I’m not sad to say goodbye to the year and as I do, let go of the baggage that is this house that caused us so much despair…let go of old news and old grudges that I had harbored in my heart…let go of all those things that weighed me down over the year and clear out space in my head and my heart, not to mention my life, for all the wonderful and exciting things that 2010 has waiting for me.

I hope you find it possible to clear out some similar space for all that is waiting for you in the year to come.

Thank you for sticking with me, being my friends, and sharing my journey…in art and in life.

See you next year!

Peace & Love,
Barb

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and your family. Please have a safe one, and since it 9:56pm here, that means you are 4 minutes away from the New Year there and I will be in it in 2 more hours here, praying that bullets don't come into the house from landing on our roof. It gets a little wild out here in "let's see how cruel and unlawful we can be for the first 10 minutes of the new year." Sigh....Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year my sister at heart!! I just know 2010 will hold many wonderful things for both of us!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you at Christmas--searching for crafts while on vacation from teaching. Feel like I know you already! ,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...