Thursday, November 19, 2009

Willy-Nilly

From November 14, 2009:

I feel like that feather in Forest Gump…you know the one that just seems to float, willy-nilly, at the beginning of the film and then again, at the end?  Just floating on a breeze, unable to control or even have any say in its life but instead, forced to float along on whatever breeze that life may throw its way.

Yea, that’s how I feel these days…just willy-nilly and a bit out of control.

Work is mad.crazy.busy.  I love what I do but it does tire me out terribly and what does the big boss (aka Regional Manager) go and do? He decides that I’m doing such a good job with my own district, TYVM, that he wants me to start spreading myself over other districts in his region and getting their stores into shape…What’s the big deal about that?  It means overnight travel. And not just a night here and there but entire weeks (M-Th or F) gone from home, gone from my hubby, eating out, sleeping in hotel beds, and working 10-12 hr days PLUS driving to and from on the 1st and last days.

And I thought I was exhausted before…this past week has me really aching and grouchy and just plain ill. Looking at my work calendar, I have 4 more weeks (that I know of) to go in this fashion.

*sigh*

Can I just cry now?

Anyway, if my posting here is even more sporadic than usual in the coming weeks, that would be the reason for it. Work. Yep, it pays the bills but it leaves little time for much else when you’re forced to do it in the fashion they have me doing it in these days.

I hope that you’re all doing well and that life is treating you kindly.

Peace & Love,
Barb

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...