Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Aftermath

For those of us in the U.S., the Thanksgiving holiday has come and gone as well as has the infamous Black Friday. Thankfully I didn’t brave the masses this year, instead we had our family Thanksgiving ON Black Friday. A much better way to spend the day, in my opinion. *smile*

Like so many others, I have much to be thankful for this year (and every year) but I do my best to not just celebrate my thankfulness on only one day a year…I try very hard to do it every single day. Life works better that way, if you ask me. But hey, the holiday is good for bringing family together and eating some good foods. OMG at the food…talk about heavenly!

scan0016For the first time since our Mom died in 1991, we were going to have all of the siblings together in one place…everyone was so excited…until my brother Mick (Michael) punked out and left us one sibling shy. Grrrr! (He’s getting crotchety in his old age is my guess. lol)

That’s us, oldest to youngest (I’m the “baby”) in ‘91 in front of Momma’s house right before leaving for the funeral. No, the smiles aren’t fake but trust me, they were all that was holding back some serious tears…and the tears weren’t held back for long. Mick-the-punk is the brother standing in front of me.

Sibs Tgiving 09 And here we are, youngest to oldest this time, 18 1/2 years older and maybe a little worse for the wear. There’s more gray hair for all of us, less hair in general for some of us (lol), pounds packed round the middle for many of us, one punk brother who backs out at the last moment, a few troubled times having been between many of us…but hey, we’re still kickin’ and we’re still family.

That’s what I am thankful for today…and every day.

Sibs Tgiving 09 w Mick photoshopped inBut hey, we’re not a family to leave well enough alone and we all love a good joke…so we had my nephew act as a “stand in” brother for Mick (the brother who punks out!) so I could photoshop him in.  I thought it would be funny to send him a copy ragging on him a bit…so here we ALL (sorta) are.

Too fun! I’m still laughing about this one.

Hope you all had great a great holiday…good food, good friends and family, and some great laughs.

Peace & Love,
Barb

4 comments:

  1. I loved the pictures you posted on facebook...and I love that he is photoshopped in on just about all of them.

    Happy turkey to you and yours Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. too funny! so glad you had a good time with your family! can't wait to hear all the stories!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you had a good day. And I made or thought I did a comment to the the copic one. I actually got a set the same week that you did. We are connected at the hip LOL. I want to do airbrush with them. And so I need to get the airbrush grip and other stuff. When will you be getting yours? Humm? You probably already have it. Bye, have a great week. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Barb! So glad you got to enjoy visiting with most of the family over Thanksgiving weekend! Hope you and yours have a fabulous holiday season! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...