Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Beloved Words

I really should be getting ready for work but I thought I’d take a moment to share something new I’m embarking on…Dawn Sokol’s Art Journal Stimulus Project, a great art journaling workshop.

Words I loveThis is the first art journal spread that I’ve completed for the workshop.  It makes me happy.

Considering that I have let my art journaling fall by the wayside a bit since going back to work, this workshop is already working magic for me just by getting me back into the waters.

I love my art journaling but with work these days, I’ve just been so tired that I procrastinate doing anything in them…I’ve realized that I can’t do that. My art journals are healing for me; they give me much needed release and peace. I have to MAKE time for working in them, that’s all there is to it.

I hope your week is going well. I should be around more over the next couple of weeks since hours are being cut by the company and mine are the first to be slashed. Today is my last day this week and I will only work Monday of next week. *shrug* At least I have a job and I know it will pick back up in a few weeks so I’m okay with it.

Now, to jump in the shower before I’m late.

Peace & Love,
Barb

5 comments:

  1. very happy spread!!
    upbeat and pretty too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the cut in your hours - but at least it will give you more time to make great pages like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well that sux about the hour cut...but at least you'll have more "me" time!
    I like your new blog layout!! very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Barb! Lovely journal page! I know what you mean about having to get some creative time in every day. It so relaxes and refreshes me! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...