Friday, July 10, 2009

Well, Hello There!

Hi y’all. I know it’s been a while…a very long while…but it was time that I desperately needed to acclimate to working again, fitting art into a much fuller schedule, and just some down time without feeling the pressure (self-induced, i admit) to blog.

Much has happened in the past 5 1/2 weeks that i will share with y’all in due time, yet nothing has happened…if that makes any sense at all. 

I did make the decision to make this MY blog…not just about art and journaling but about my life, too. More about my life than before. I guess that’s something I should have given my self permission to do when I began this blog but I didn’t so when my art production went down, I felt as though I shouldn’t blog.

What a crock that is.

This is my space, my little online world of my own making so why had I made these crazy rules about what I could and couldn’t include here?  I really guess it had to do with the fear of losing readership if I wasn’t artsy enough or creative enough.  But now, well, I yam what I yam and to try and be something I’m not was suffocating me.  Yes, I am artsy and creative and love to make tons of different things in my own crafty-artsy way…but I also have a life with a husband, kids, a grandson, sisters, brothers, a job, bills, good days and bad days, tears and laughter.  I just came to the conclusion that my art is not the only thing about me that I want to share in this space…and that is what the days to come have in store for the pages here.

I hope you’ll like the other parts of me that I will share from here on out and that you’ll keep in mind that I’m human, with quirks and opinions and I make mistakes as well as have my triumphs…it’s all fair game.

If you’ve read this far, thank you. Thank you for letting me step back into your life after a little hiatus; thank you for your patience.

Peace & Love,
Barb

11 comments:

  1. I'm glad to read you made that decision. I used to feel the same way - all art/craft all the time. When things got busy for me or I hit a block I felt it a chore to blog or I had long, long breaks in between posts.

    When I finally let go I realized it's a great outlet! I don't worry about losing readers. If they can't accept all of me they can move on or just not read that post. I was surprised to find out just how supportive my readers were when things got rough for me and I'm glad I made the decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. xox
    hope to hear more of you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to have you back! Once a blogger, always a blogger, right?

    robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have missed you and I did not find you on my followers, I hope you haven't dropped me from your lovely life.
    Not much news here, just taking care of Arney.
    Big Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Barb. I believe that every blog should be exactly what the blogger wants it to be...no more and no less. Happy that you are being who you yam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Barb! Welcome back! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy that you are back blogging! It is YOUR blog and do with it what you want!!! When I don't blog, it is usually because I'm too depressed to and I close up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back, my friend. Everything is now waaay better for me!!! Stories to share with you soon, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it is great. I mean, don't all those parts of your life add to your creativity? I know it does mine. Your life IS your creative self, so why not blog about it?

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...