Monday, July 13, 2009

Life is a Highway

It’s been a busy Monday!  We had to do an inventory at our store in Sumiton, about 75 miles away, and didn’t get home until after 7:30 this evening…and I am dead beat. The hubby is laying here beside me, snoring lightly, off in dream land…where I really should be, to be honest.

I’ve not felt like art journaling much in the past couple of days…just too exhausted to find anything creative inside me at the moment. I find that i miss it when I don’t do it, though.

I have started a Gratitude Journal that I keep on my iPhone (I do love my iPhone!) so that I don’t feel like I’m not doing any journaling at all when I’m just too tired to dive into one of my art journals at the end of the day. 

OH, and I have signed up for Dawn Sokol’s Art Journal Stimulus Project-online workshop. Dawn is the author of the wonderful book pictured in my sidebar, “1000 Artist Journal Pages”,  It is one of my very favorite books!  The workshop is uber affordable at $15 for 10 weeks and tarts August 12th.  Get more info or sign up and join me on Dawn’s website, D’Blogala.

I guess the most creative thing I’ve done in the past few days is the haircut I gave my son-in-law….and what a haircut it is!

Before….

IMG_0093

After…

IMG_0094

Whew….talk about a difference! lol  He loves it and my daughter is warming up to it, too.

I’ve made Pink Lemonaid Pie (which is soooo yummy but way rich!  Let me know if you want the super easy recipe)….IMG_0081 

…and I have even done some sketches and Zentangles but haven’t managed to scan or take pics of any them, yet.

Life is moving right along, as it should, and I am making it my goal to enjoy every minute of it…even when I’m exhausted.

Love to you all and thanks so much for welcoming me so warmly back to the blogosphere!

Peace & Love,
Barb

8 comments:

  1. I always hate to see guys lose their long hair. I love long hair... ^-^

    I did some sketches today too, but no time to scan either... :\

    Now about that pie recipe...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to have you back!
    Big love to the gratitude journal -

    (I vote for photo #1)

    Dorothy
    WriteInside.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you posting again! Are you using a particular app on your iPhone for the journal? I adore my iPhone as well. Great job on the makeover!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Barb! Sounds like you've been busy! It is hard to find time to work in an art journal sometimes, but so rewarding when you can squeeze it in. That pie looks scrumptious! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i know how you mean about too tired!
    what a drastic change in looks from a haircut!
    isn't baking a pie supposed to be considered
    art!
    ?
    so you ARE arting
    :)

    one of my favorite books is this one too!...i should check out this online deal

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes it is hard for me to find anything to be grateful for and though I've tried it, I sometimes get stuck. In fact I haven't written in mine in ages. Someone told me you can also make it into an accomplishment journal. That way I feel good about myself of what I did! Big or small. Yesterday was awful because I pulled my back really bad and was in bed nearly all day with ice on it. But as I look back on it, although I wasn't grateful for it, I know now that I'm glad that I took care of myself. It's something!

    Still hooked on Zentangles thanks to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That haircut is a definite change! Wow good job! I personally wouldn't be able to do it. Being responsible for a huge change like that can be disastrous. May I have your pie recipe? I've been feeling like baking lately, but don't have any new recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Barb,

    I've been away for a while but I'm slowly getting back into the art world again and have been reading some of my friends' posts that I've missed. Your pie looks yummy--can I snag the recipe from you?

    meek1975athotmaildotcom

    Looks like you've been doing really well--glad to hear it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...