Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Taking a Blogging Break

I’ve realized that I have very little time to myself anymore, now that I’m working full time again.  I am not journaling as much as I would like to, I am not keeping up with all the wonderful blogs that I so adore, I am not even playing with my baby boys (Jasper & Juno, my precious maltipoo pups) like I should. 

Everything is suffering...mainly me.

So, I decided to take a blogging vacation.  I love this blog and the great friends I’ve made through it but I don’t like the feeling guilty that I wind up suffering with when I don’t update for long periods of time due to just being overwhelmed.  (I don’t know how some of you chicas manage to do it all !!!)

I’m not leaving the blogosphere by any means, I’m just going to take a little break...probably just for the month of June or so...to spend more time doing art, working in my journals (yes, I have FOUR of them going right now!), playing with my babies, playing with the hubby (lol) and just not worrying so damn much.

I know I’ve already lost readership around here due to my inability to post with any regularity and I am sure I’ll lose even more of you with this decision...but for those of you that do stick around, I am eternally grateful.

Take care and I will talk at ya later.

Much Peace & Love,

Barb

17 comments:

  1. Hi, Barb! You have to take care of you first! Go have fun. Pet the pups. Make art. We'll miss you while you're gone ... but we'll also look forward to seeing you when you return! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do understand...I have been doing the little news letter just to keep things going because I love my blog family. My days are filled with Arney and getting him well. So do what you need, we will still be here, I hope, when you are back and enjoying. no quilt should be apart of this
    world of sharing.
    Take care of you, Love Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know you could never lose my "readership". I wish we could talk.
    Thinking of you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think we will all blog less now Summer is coming! so i wouldn't be worried about it sweetie! life is for living!!!!!
    xox tanya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your "time off." See you when you return!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take care of yourself and do what you need to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please take care of yourself first and foremost. Your true friends will be here when you return. I've suddenly come up with some serious medical issues and I've realized that I have to take care of myself first. Do what you enjoy!!! Right now, I can't seem to journal. I'm not going to feel guilty about that. I really love doing the zentangles and little pieces of art. I also started reading some books, fiction, easy reading with no drama in them. Whatever works for you, so it. Much love dear one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blogging should be without obligation... Go where your heart takes you and be happy...

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are many times I feel the same way. Don't sweat it. We'll see you wen you come back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally understand. Do what you need to do and enjoy your time. I personally blog for myself, if others enjoy or like to follow then thanks, but it truly was originally set up to keep my family and friends apprised of my doings and whereabouts. I do know that at one point I was doing it for readership and got overwhelmed so I know of what you speak :) Enjoy your summer and see you when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your blog. I would like to write a short article on your work. Can you send me a few pics of your drawings with a slightly higher definition? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Barb~ I can so relate to how you're feeling. With my fibromyalgia, when I'm working FT, my creative life really suffers. And it's my creativity that keeps me going! So take care of YOU and do what you enjoy most. See ya when you are able to return to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We all need a break from blogging sometimes. Don't worry - we will keep checking back and be ready to read when you are ready to write and share :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Barb, don't worry about losing your readers. Worry about losing yourself! It is impossible to work full time, give your family the attention they need, create your art, do all your other womanly duties (which is a LOT) AND maintain a consistent blog. I have let mine go a lot, too, and it is kind of a relief. The most important thing in life is proper balance :)

    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Barb! Just wanted to say "Hi!" and letcha know we still miss you, but we still understand, too. No pressure to come back. Just saying "Hi!" :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...