Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Rocky Waters

It’s been a rough few days around the old homestead.

I’ve had dental problems that have been needing some major attention and because of my panic/anxiety disorder I put it off and put it off until, yep-you guessed it, a massive toothache hit me. Ugh!

So Monday afternoon was spent in the dentists chair (luckily my sister-in-law if his hygienist so that was a comfort) and ended up getting another molar pulled.  It was after looking at my x-rays and seeing the advancement of my periodontal disease and amount of bone loss in my mandible that he (Dr. Hall) and I made the decision that I will have to lose a number of my molars and will be getting implants (if my jaw bone can handle it) or, in the alternative, partial plates. 

I say partial plates because I don’t like the idea of saying partial dentures

OMG, dentures!?!?!?  I’m only 43…how in the world did I get to the point of TRI-focal glasses and blasted DENTURES? 

*rolls eyes*

Yes, kiddies…contrary to what we though when we were 17, we really do get older. 

I swear that last month I was still in my 20’s!  And look at me today, eyesight failing, losing my teeth and getting falsies (and not the chesticle kind either) and then I look at the calendar and *BAM*, it hits me...my oldest daughter turned 22 years old today.

HUH?!?!  How’d that happen?  I mean, she was just a baby not so long ago and now she’s really a grown up at 22!  OMG, I am getting sooooo old.

YIKES!

Anyway, there was a point to all of this (besides just my old woman moaning and whining LOL)…I was goofy on pain pills Monday evening (and looked like I had been hit in the jaw, too) and all day Tuesday.  Today I don’t feel so hot since I couldn’t take any pain meds because I had to drive to Tuscaloosa (80+ miles each way) for work.  *sigh* Now I’m home after a 10 hour day, a pain pill in my tummy (hoping it goes to work quickly) and I’m beyond exhausted.

I’m just beat.  Absolutely beat!

I’m sitting here staring at a pile of envelopes with goodies in them ready to mail that I still don’t have out to you guys.  The Post Office closed at noon on Saturday and I haven’t had the chance, with all the dental stuff, to get to the Post Office to mail things.

I feel like such a lazy loser but I do hope you will all understand and bear with me.  I have your goodies packaged, addressed and ready to go but I have to find the time (and energy) to spend some time at the PO to get them to y’all.  Just know that you have things coming…in time.  And Seth, you were the hardest to pick for so I hope you don’t think I’m a dork for your package. LOL

I think I will journal for a while before dinner (and who knows what that will be?)…I’ve had a pain pill so I might be surprised tomorrow at what the product of my journaling is tonight. HA!~

Happy Humpday, y’all.

Peace & Love,
Barb

17 comments:

  1. Hi, Barb! Owwwie! Pain in your mouth is horrible! Sorry you're feeling badly. Hope the painful part clears up soon! Feel better! Have fun journaling! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand the absences, and any kind of dental work puts me in a hissy!! I swear I despise the dentist.

    Hope you get to feeling better real soon honey, I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ou! Ouchie! I hope you feel better soon!

    I love the new blog look btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well we are alike AGAIN! I got complete dentures when I was 40 because of Periodontal disease and tri focals 5 years before that. I just tell the drivers that since I have 3 lenses I see EVERYTHING!!Ha! Glad you are better, but toothaches are the worst. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey! hang on my eldest daughter will be 22 this year! so cut this i'm feeling old crap right now!!! i do not go along with it!!! :-)

    sorry for all your physical setbacks, i kinda know the feeling but it should not interfere in us feeling like kids you know?!!!

    okay let's make a deal: your teeth are in bad shape so i'll bite the hard apple for you! my foot will not allow me to dance so you put on some happy crazy rock music and do a uncontrolled happy dance for me! deal?
    xox tanya

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry to hear about your pain hun..And don't feel bad about dentures, I too have to get ALL of my teeth out, due to absesses. Now I am just trying to find an oral surgeon that will knock me out during the procedure..I was abused by a dentist as a child so I have severe post tramatic panic. And then they also inform me that not only do I have to get dentures..but I have to wait at least 2 full months for my gums to fully heal before I can even get them..looks like I'll be sharing my new grandson's baby food soon..and yup I also wear glasses now too..geez this aging business is not fun at all! Funny there once was a time I actually thought I was just too cool to ever get old..hahahaha! Hmmm maybe I should just rebel against this whole falling apart aging thing and get a tattoo and buy a motorcycle!! Haha with my luck I'd fall off and break a hip next..hahaha well get well soon! And know your not alone..there are many a great lady aging right along with us..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. P/s your page looks freaking awesome too!! I just did mine over recently as well, but wow I love yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh! Dental pain is the worst! I'm sorry to hear you've having to go through all that but at least it sounds like there is an end game in motion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry about your teeth problems. Getting old is not fun. I have a bigger list of different doctors that I have to go to than friends!! My love and prayers go out to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yikes. I hate the dentist so much I go every 6 months to hopefully prevent extensive damage. I still ended up getting a wisdom tooth pulled a couple of weeks ago :(. I think our eyes are going faster because of the computer usage. Does that mean I'll stop? Absolutely not! That's the price we pay for a full life. Just wait til you get to the high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Lots of good stuff in store for us all lol. I just keep rocking those grandbabies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a mess when it comes to sitting in the CHAIR! I need to get in myself, but have found many excuses not to. You take care of you, I am busy too and dealing with my Arney having surgery. My son maybe bring him home tonight, the Doctor seems to have disappered!
    Big Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. How do our kids get older while we don't?
    I mean..sure, there are *signs* of age setting in...but not cuz we're "old" or anything.
    We can't be. It's just not right!

    Hope you are feeling better by now.
    love and miss you mucho!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Greg took me riding around the country roads tonight...we drove right by the house you grew up in! He pointed it out to me!
    Was so cool to make that connection with you.
    Miss you much!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Greg took me riding down country roads tonight. We drove past where you grew up. He pointed out your old house to me.
    Was so cool to make that connection with you!
    miss you much!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ouch. I'm sorry. Teeth work is just the worst. Makes you feel awful both mentally & physically. Hey I getting old too, but I'm older than I ever thought I would get to! Don't let it get to ya.
    Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've been TAGGED! Please go to my blog to check it out!
    Many Blessings
    Campbelljane

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a stressful time Barb. And dork???? Never ever! Feel no pressure on the package at all!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...