Saturday, May 23, 2009

Life Changes

We all go through changes in our lives from day to day…some big, some small. 

For me, it seems as though life has been a true rollercoaster in the past 3 months.  If it weren’t for my art and the love of my family, I really don’t know how I could have gotten through it all.

I decided to return to work in spite of my panic/anxiety disorder and debilitating depression, I now drive all the time (a HUGE fear of mine) for work, am dealing with ongoing major dental work, and on and on…

Then, a few weeks ago, my youngest daughter who has been my constant companion since her birth and, dare I say, my very soul, decided to move out and really begin a life with her husband.  Out of our home, no longer living in the basement of Mom and Richie’s house but to an apartment of their own…2 hours away in Huntsville.

*sigh*

This has been really tough for me.

Her WingsI’m still journaling and doing art, as much as time will allow, but I can’t help but feel a bit disoriented by all of the change.

It’s just all a lot to deal with and absorb for me right now but I think this journal page pretty well sums up how losing my “baby” has affected me.

I’m still here…still around…just taking some time to adjust to all that life is throwing at me right now.

I hope this finds you all doing well.  You are all in my thoughts, I promise…I’m even reading your blogs…I just can’t find any words at the moment.  Given time, I’ll be back to my old self.

Bear with me.

Peace & Love,
Barb

11 comments:

  1. I understand, I really do. I will start with your Daughter moving out...I remember when Jenny decided she was ready to leave the nest. I cried for 3 days. But she is still my best friend and we talk everyday on the phone if we aren't together. You haven't lost her, she has roots and now wings.
    Keep your art going, this way you can express some of your feeling. Life gives us hard times so that we will really enjoy the good.
    I am just another Mom, and I face depression also. One foot in front of the next> Love, mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey My Friend, Think this way...... that when you get to go see her that it will be like you can't wait to see and share EVERYTHING that has been missed since a friend moved away and just think of the fun you will have when you do visit catching up. Sounds a little zonky, but true if you can figure out what I am trying to say. And the driving part......remember I teach driving and can help you with that fear. Email me or call me this weekend @ 209-765-2929. Never fear!! Be positive, my friend, you are The Bomb!! Love, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Barb! Change can be hard, but I think you're handling it with flying colors! You are doing lots of things you didn't think were possible and you're expanding your world of possibilities. And I love that you are still able to find time to work in your art journal. It is such a great stress reliever for me! Sometimes this life ride we are on is bumpy ... but all in all it is a lovely ride! Enjoy the journey! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Barb. It is so nice that we have art to help process both the difficult times and the good times in our lives. The journal page does say it all and I bet it was therapeutic for you to create it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. award for u on my blog xox tanya

    ReplyDelete
  6. changes ARE hard even the wonderful ones..which really
    your daughter beginning her new life with her husband to begin her family IS wonderful...
    think grandchildren!!!
    but hard
    being friends is wonderful too..yet hard to be apart
    and 2 hours sounds so far away
    but it isn't really
    i can understand the driving thing though
    i have issues with it myself
    and EVERYTHING is far away
    living here in stony lonesome

    art does become a wonderful staple
    and this piece in your journal
    even though it is a sad and happy awakening
    is just gorgous

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great page for how you feel about her moving out. Art helps us heal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Barb!

    I know how you feel. My girls are an hr and half away from me. I miss the day to day chaos! I never thought I would say that! I talk to them daily, sometimes more than once and see them all I can. My art has been my friend and I just keep busy. It sounds like you are surely doing that! I guess we need to realize that even though they have moved out, it could be worse, they could be further away! Anyways, just wanted to tell you I was thinking about you, hang in there, everything will work out! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Barb, I hope your live settles down and gives you a chance to take a breather... I know for me that art helps me through all the downs in my life... You're in my prayers :)

    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  10. My love and prayers go out to you. Going through some tough times myself right now. Many hugs. Karenann

    ReplyDelete
  11. well, I, for one, am so proud of you for all these changes you are making, and how you are dealing with them! I think it shows amazing growth in strength!
    I love and miss you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...