Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Quickie & Winner #2

It’s gonna have to be a quickie today, boys and girls…Barb is one tired puppy.

Whew!

I didn’t realize how much I missed working…but I also didn’t realize how tired I would be at the end of a long day.  After being sick for so long and now WILLING myself to be well, it’s a bit hard on the ol’ body to get back into the grove of working but I’ll get there.  For now, I’m just worn out by the end of the day.  That good kind of tired you get from being productive and just doing those things that make you feel good and contributory.

I went on my lunch hour and mailed the LARGE check to the mortgage company that we have scrimped and saved and pinched to save up and now that monkey named FORE-CLO-SURE is officially off our backs (or will be on Monday or Tuesday when they receive that whopper in the mail.)  That made me feel so good.  We have been huddled here, me sick and in the bed (feeling like a total loser because my illnesses and inability to work were what caused us to fall behind in our mortgage payments) and the hubby working his ass off to try and catch us up as quick as he could, both of us petrified that we would really lose our home.

It was scary.  VERY scary.

But once I came to the conclusion that I could either continue to wallow in the bed and complain about being sick, all while watching us lose what we’ve both worked for and dreamed of go right down the drain…or I could make the conscious decision to just BE better and think positive and do something about all of it..,health-work-finances-home-everything!!!  Ah-the power of positive thinking.

That one decision was the most major factor in everything turning around.  And I do mean e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g!

YAY!!!

Okay, enough of that…it’s goodie giveaway time…WOOT!

Once again, using the online Randomizer, today’s winner was chosen from the comments on my 29 Days of Giving entry and it is:

4-2And that means that today’s winner is…Amy, aka MagicalMuse! 

magicalmuse said...

I was just thinking of being grateful the other day because I started lining up all the bad things going on. Instead I focused on just as many good things in my life and realized it's all in your head and if you think it you believe it and become it! I will send an e-mail soon for the generous giveaway.
Amy

March 15, 2009 9:29 AM

Congratulations Amy!  A sweet little goodie is coming your way in the next few days.

And don’t forget, y’all…we still have 27 more days of giving! YAY!!!  Lots more names to pull from the hat, so to speak, and lots more goodies to give away.

Hope everyone is having a great Thursday evening.  Mine is good but it’s going to be a sad one later, ER has the show finale tonight.  I’ve loved that show since the first episode and I’ve seen every one since then…and tonight it ends. *sniffle*

Well, I think I’ll relax with a glass of wine and my journal for a bit before I make some cheeseburgers for dinner and settle in for my show to come on.

Oh, a little favor to ask of y’all before I forget…see the PaperBackSwap icon in my sidebar?  If you aren’t already a member and you read much, it’s a great deal…and if you signup under me I get credits.  A free way for me to earn books and we all know I’m a book lover and I’m all about free. lol  Anyway, if you think it’s something you’d be interested in, I’d really appreciate you guys hooking a girl up. *tee hee*  Thanks!

Peace & Love,
Barb

10 comments:

  1. I have the pre-show to ER recording too - I can't wait to actually sit and watch it (and then fast forward through the commericals!!).

    Congrats on perservering! I love you oodles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there,
    I just came upon your blog through entrecard and really stopped short. So glad that you are not going to lose your house, and sorry that you have not been well. I suppose you've heard the when it rains it pours many times before.....but it seems appropriate. I looked at your pics on Flickr and enjoyed them alot, especially the journal pages. Happy Spring to You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rock on sista! Congrats on the "big check" I know EXACTLY how you feel. Just a quick question, I signed up a while back through the button on your page at PBS...been swappin for a while now. Did you get credits from me? And, I thought I would offer up another tidbit...I aslo snagged your wists list idea for my blog!

    What can I say? YOU INSPIRE ME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on mailing the Large cheque!!!!! it must have felt wonderful to have that off your back!!! good on you both! i mean that!!!!

    big hug from across the big lake :-)

    xox tanya

    ReplyDelete
  5. That had got to be a huge monster to get off your back! I'm so glad to hear you are not losing your house!

    Things can only look up from here. That productive exhaustion is a good feeling. Well, at least it is once everything is paid and you can look back on it. Don't forget to take care of your self as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Barb! Congratulations! It's such a great feeling to know that YOU can do something to bring such positive changes in your life! Isn't it? Such empowerment! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you, Barb! Have a great day.
    Hugs,
    Nancy (nanakin1)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah for you getting moving and starting anew and for me winning! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Barb, so glad you have gotten back to work and been able to write that check. That is a great accomplishment, on every thing you've done. You have every right to be proud and what a blessing to find positive thoughts and actions. Jeanne in Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  10. the power of positive thinking is an amazing thing!!

    *thinks positively about winning something soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...