Saturday, April 18, 2009

Not so Amusing Day at the Park

We’re at the hotel in Suwanee, Georgia and man, it’s been a long day!  We were up early and at Six Flags shortly after their 10am opening..and so were about 100 different busloads of kids from various high school bands.

That means that the weather may have been perfect for a day at the amusement park but this deluge of teenagers (about 8-10,000 of them) made it so packed that you couldn’t get on a ride without a 90+ minute wait.  It was horrendous!!!!

We had so been looking forward to having a good time and riding rides all day but it was so packed that it made us all miserable. *sigh*

We did ride a few things but ended up giving up after Toad lost his wallet and the crowds just got to be too much.

Oh well, we’re really here for the race tomorrow but the really bad news is that I have kept an eye on the forecast and it is calling for rain at the track all day tomorrow. 

Rain means no racing.  No racing means a disappointed crew here with me and a hubby that will be crabbier than you can imagine.

I’m so hoping for no rain.  Puh-leeeeze, no rain!  Just let it hold off until late afternoon, at least.

I guess we’ll see.

I think I am going to close this and relax for a while before an early sleep so I can get up early in the morning.

Oh, and don’t worry…we’re still having a blast.  We’ve had more laughs than you can imagine and we’re not letting the not so great parts of the weekend get to us.  Slowly but surely I am convince them that attitude is 90% of every experience…it’s making the trip much more fun than it would be if they (we?) let the sucky parts get to us.  Gotta see the good and not let the bad get to ya.  Least that’s my thoughts on it.

Now, I’m really out of here for tonight.

Happy weekend, y’all!

Peace & Love,
Barb

9 comments:

  1. Oh no! That's the worst part at amusement parks-- waiting in long lines. Hope you got to ride your favorite rides, at least! Glad you're having a good time regardless, hope you make it to the races!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like my kind of vaca...3 years running I rented a house at the beach. 3 years running it's been the only week of almost continuous rain -- even though I pick a different week each summer. Want to know when it's going to pour? Follow me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer on the amusement park! We have to pic and choose which day we go to the Six Flags by our house for the same reason.

    I hope it doesn't rain on you. That would really suck to go there and the race get canceled. I'm glad to hear you're having a good time regardless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. On Sunday the skies will be blue with beautiful white fluffy clouds!!! Positive, Positive thoughts......Have a great Sunday. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate when the parks are crowded, it really does make it a miserable experience - I think its why I despise Disney so much!

    How is Savannah, you haven't spoken much of her lately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well...crap!
    at least you all sound like you are in good spirits despite the negatives...and being together is really the main focus...
    hope it didn't rain
    XXXXXX (crossing fingers)

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Barb! Sure hope there was no rain and that you got to watch awesome drag racing! By the way, I've nominated you for a blog award. Click through my name to my blog and check it out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen on the attitude! It's makes a world of difference. Keep smiling girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your page and memories of times past. Great colors and thoughts ... thanks for the smiles and your comment on my blog, too. - Jeanne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...