Thursday, April 23, 2009

Finally, Some Art

Hi y’all!!  I’ve sure missed everyone but I have had another busy week at work and I’m still loving it...PLUS, I’ve actually gotten in some art time in the evenings, a little here and a little there.  I guess that means that I really am starting to adapt to my new schedule and being back at work.  I think it will continue to get even better.

Thank you all for hanging with me, being patient, and for giving me some much needed support during my transition back into the working world.  I have the best friends and readers in the world. I just adore you all so much!

The race on Sunday was great until the rain moved in and settled on the track for over 3 hours.  We ended up leaving after the first full round and heading for home, getting here just in time to see the rest of the race on ESPN2.  No problem.  We still had a great time!!

Now, on to the art I’ve managed to create lately (YAY! Go me!!!)

Truth

These are some tile pendants I’ve made from Scrabble tiles (the smaller (ones) and the larger ones are wood tiles I cut from paint stir sticks from work. (Shhhhh, don’t tell anyone. LOL  Just kidding, Peace & Lovethey’re free.)  I Still have to attach the bails to the ones that say “Create” and “Joy” but my E6000 adhesive is all gone so I need to pick some up tomorrow when I run errands.

Tile PendantsI love making these...they are so fun and will look great on the sterling ball chains I have.  The lacquer overcoat layer is about 1/16” thick and really shines like crazy!  What do y’all think?

In my art journal I’ve actually done a couple of spreads and even managed a few pages of Zentangles in my Moleskine, too. 

I didn’t scan them this time (too lazy right this moment) but took pics with my digital camera so the clarity isn’t great (sorry.)

Childhood Memoris I was thinking about all those great memories from my childhood that I have running through my mind at random times and decided I want a place to just jot them down as they come to me, so here’s the pages I am doing that on. 

I found the flower and little girl in a magazine ad then collaged all kinds of sky blues from other magazine pics to make the sky and greens to make the grass then coated each area with it’s respective color of acrylic paint mixed with glazing medium to unify each area.  And we all know you can never go wrong with a black and white checkered border. *smile*

  Now whenever I think of some great childhood memory I had forgotten about, I open to this page and jot a line about it.  If you art journal, you really should try this idea.  It’s a great little place to put reminders about all those warm and fuzzy moments that you come across from time to time.

Hills & ValleysThis is another one that is a little off color wise (and has a bad glare, too) due to being a pic instead of a scan.  *shrug*  The face just seemed to shout Hills and Valleys at me so that’s what they became.  The journaling was just my train of thought after I did the background.

So, there you have what I’ve been up to lately when not at work or sleeping.  What have y’all been up to this week?

Off to read some of you guys right now.  I am sorry I’m behind on everyone but catching up is hard to do! I’m trying though.

Peace & Love,
Barb

10 comments:

  1. Hi, Barb! Yay! You've managed to squeeze in crafty time AND work! I think you're right ... this means you've made progress in your transition! Hip hip hoooray! Love your journal pages! And I love those crazy shiny pendants, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pendants! Are they made with sculpy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those pendants are fabulous. How brilliant that you're fitting in some art and working too. Go you! Your journal pages are superb. I haven't done a journal yet. You could have inspired me to start one. Super blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those pendants are fabulous. How brilliant that you're fitting in some art and working too. Go you! Your journal pages are superb. I haven't done a journal yet. You could have inspired me to start one. Super blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love seeing your memories, especially now that I can make connections with them! I told you about Deanna Drug Store closing a couple years ago, didn't I?
    And Dairy Queen is just down the street..a favorite place for an afternoon treat for us!

    It's still neat to me to know that I'm going places you use to, and that I am still meeting people from your past!
    :)
    xoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY!!! I am so happy for you! I think what I am missing the most with my broken fingers is the crocheting....but I am getting a lot of cross-stitching and embroidery done!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been off playing with puppies and touring gardens.

    Tell more about the lacquer coat!! It makes everything look so shiny and professional...something I'd love to try, but seems kinda hard. Is it? Is it pricey?

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you are settling in your new routine Barb. And new art is always a good sign. Love the positive messages on the tiles and the journal spreads are great. Love the tree "growing" from the nose!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy to see your post!!! Just love your pendants!!! And what a great idea to put down your happy childhood memories in a journal!!!

    Glad you are adjusting to work!!! You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i really like your idea about putting down memories in a art journal....I might give it a try. And the pendents are wonderfu too.
    Big Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...