Sunday, March 1, 2009

Out with the Old, In with the New

I finally got a chance to scan the last of my journal pages for my 1st Journal of 2009.  It had been my intention to have one journal a month but I made the first journal with LOTS of pages and I couldn’t bear to leave it half done, so it encompasses January & February…Now I’m beginning March.

So, here’s the ones (some better than others but all of them from the heart) that I’ve completed in that first Journal.

ColorJoy

I began this one in January, not long after my youngest daughter got married but it took me a while to complete it.  Now it’s done and it really epitomizes them and how proud I am of them both and how much I love them, too.Shelby & ToadRichieThe Moon has a Face

This is one of my favorites but I haven’t found just that right something to put at the bottom. 

The way I figure it, no page is ever finished until I feel it is completed and this one will just have to stay this way until I find that just right thing to put at the bottom.

The Warren Zevon lyrics just fit so well and seemed to speak to me.  I often find quotes and lyrics that just cry out to me and fit my life…this was one of them.

I’ll show it again when it’s completed…but who knows when that will be? lol

Anyway, here is the Art Journal I’ve made (from all recycled materials, tyvm!) and am about to get started for March (the cover has just began and will progress as I work in it…more red, I’m thinking):Journal 2

So, there is some of what I’ve been up to these past few days, when I haven’t been working on my workshop lessons and things to get it up and running. I love all the prep work (but I am getting nervous!) but it is very time consuming.  My Art Journal is my saving grace, where I can pour out what I’m thinking about or just what’s taking place in my mind and life.

Happy March 1st, everyone!

Peace, Love & Art,
Image1

12 comments:

  1. I still think the journal pages are just the coolest things ever! They say so much in so few words! What an expression!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barb,
    Your journal work looks FANTASTIC!!! Love the gorgeous, vibrant colours.

    Sam


    http://colour-by-numbers-samantha.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound so busy lately -

    I think Shelby's page is wonderful, it not only shows your love but it also shows your immense amount of pride in her. How is Savannah?

    I love this blog but I do miss hearing about your life. I hope that everything is wonderful with you.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Barb! Gorgeous journal pages! So fun to see them! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to you on your continuing progress with your class. I love your pages and especially "Find Your Joy". Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow.. looks like a great deal of patience and love have gone into this! Nice!

    Silver
    from One Day at a Time/Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pages Barb. There is so much feeling and thought and passion behind each of them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barb, I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE them (especially the flying pig and man in the moon!)

    I have wanted to start an art journal but I've found myself so drawn to doodling with my art pencils that I haven't started yet. You are a huge inspiration, though, and I hope to get my own going soon!

    Renee :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are a delight, all the color and movement.
    I have ended Ruth, so now on to another adventure. Good night, Your Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey, this all looks fabulous, love the green and the journal pages. I love all the detail and the words. don't know how you have the patience!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Barb! Thanks for your fun comments on my "before" blog post! :-) Believe me when I say that my crafty space is probably the neatest, most organized room in my house ... even in the "before" picture. So, if you have to hang your head in shame, so do I! But I don't think you need to ... it just shows you have more important things to do! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope that art journaling will help you on your path to feeling better! I find that dwelling on happy thoughts helps immensely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...