Friday, March 27, 2009

Figuring it All Out

So, how do y’all like the new layout?  I’m all about change and I love playing around with my blog.  I’m sure it’ll change in a week or two so if ya don’t like it, stick around and it’ll change again soon. LOL

Anyway…you all know how much I love my art. I live for it and really believe that my art is what has really helped me to heal to the point that I feel better and has me actually wanting to go back to work. 

Yet, I’ve had these thoughts about how am I going to fit my art and journaling into life once I am back to doing the 7am-5pm work thing.  I know that many (most?) of you manage to fit everything (work, art, family, cleaning, cooking, and on and on and on…) into life.  I just don’t know how I’m going to do it (and I have to take care of myself with all my illnesses so I have to get plenty of rest.)  I know that I WILL manage…I just haven’t quite figured it out yet and I certainly don’t want my art to suffer. 

I so NEEDS MY ART TIME! lol

So, share with me how YOU manage to do it all?

I actually start the new job next Thursday (still have to get my drug test done and finish up my paperwork) and I’m looking forward to it.

Nurture Your SoulNow, for art stuff….

As I’m doing all my soul searching and all that wonderful inner preparation for the upcoming changes in my life, this is a page that evolved from my thoughts about what I can do (and what I AM doing) to make my life wonderful…what I’m doing to make me feel good and to, as the title implies, nurture my soul.

I just love the girl on this one…she just epitomizes happiness and loving yourself (notice her hugging herself?)

My Highest Aspirations Then there is this one…I found this great quote by Louisa May Alcott and it just inspired me so much.  I had this really ugly background I had just kinda looked at a bazillion times and each time it just repulsed me…until I found this quote (and, of course the arrival of my FABULOUS Caran D’ache watercolor crayons helped, too!)

The quote reads: “Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations.  I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow them.”  How can you not just feel that deep into your core?  OMG, it just breathes life into your life…it reminds me to NEVER STOP DREAMING, never stop having goals and to always keep reaching for them.

Here’s my question of the day…once I’ve used my Caran D’ache crayons (with or without water) on a page, how do I journal over them?  I’m finding it hard to journal over their waxy finish (but their creamy consistency and vivid colors have me hooked!), no matter what kind of pens I try using…any suggestions?

Just a five days until I draw my first winner in my 29 Days of Giving so if you haven’t registered, be sure to do it NOW. Don’t wait. Go HERE and get in on the goodness.

For those of you that have registered, I will draw each day and post the winner but I can already tell you that my entries will be short and sweet but I will probably only mail once or twice a week. So be patient with me in that respect.

That’s it for today.  The hubby will be home in a few, the weather is beautiful and the tennis courts are calling us…come play…so play we will.  At least for an hour or two. I’m actually getting pretty good, too.  Then maybe out for dinner.  Sounds like a good night to me.

Have a great Friday evening and a fabulous weekend, everyone!

Peace & Love
Barb

21 comments:

  1. What awesome journal pages! I just love the girl hugging herself. She's completely delightful! =) I am fortune at this time not to have to work a 9 to 5 job and have focused completely on my artwork for nearly a year now. When you find out how working women do it let me know for when I may have to join the out of the house job force again. I love your new theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, if you find out how working women do it please let me know! So many times artwork takes a back burner.

    More wonderful journal pages! The girl hugging herself is darling. I think we all need to take time to do that a little more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your page is looking great!! And the journal pages are awesome..I so love the girl hugging herself!!Made me feel happier just looking at it. Thanks for sharing. Oh and I was wondering how do you get the comments readers leave to show up right under your posts?? I can't seem to get my blog page to do that?? I am soooo new at all of this, and learning can be very frustrating at times...((((Big Hugs))to you..glad to hear your feeling better!!! Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layout~! :-)

    For years I put my artistic endeavors up on a shelf because of working, going to college (for business) etc...finally got back into it in the last few years...and now with a new baby coming, I'm sure it'll get put away again. It's hard to juggle it all. I guess maybe the best thing is to make a date with yourself every now and then, and just do it. Or carry a small journal with you, and a ziplock with some pens/markers, glue stick & ephemera and whenever you have a few minutes, journal! (lunch hour, waiting for appointments, etc).

    I wrecked more pens and markers trying to journal over pastels. You can spray/seal it with matte acrylic sealer (2 coats) and then see if the pens will work. Sometimes those anti-fraud check-writing gel pens will work....

    Take care and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barb, I've said it before and I'll say it again. You need your own ning course for your art journaling. I'd sooooo sign up. You've got the best journals I've ever seen.

    Anyway, dependant on my mood and how tired I am, I'm always arting right after work or at least an hour or two after. I'm off at 5pm and I have the luxury of being able to work from home so it's not like I'm off at 5pm and then it takes me 45minutes to get home and I'm too tired to do anything. So, most of the time I'm shutting down at 5pm, grabbing something to eat from the kitchen and then I start. I try to be finished by 8pm if I start shortly after 5pm so that I still have a bit of my evening left. If I don't get started until 8pm, then I *must* be finished by 10pm. You have to set limits for yourself otherwise you'll be up until 2 in the morning and you won't even know it.

    About the Caran D'ache--have you ever tried journaling first and then colouring over? Or, leaving space for your journaling and then going back with the crayons to fill in?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, shoot--forgot to say I *LOVE* the new layout! Don't they have the greatest layouts on that site?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quote is perfect, right now I need something calming for me. I am fit to be tied.

    And I am still so incredibly jealous of you working, I need to find something but there is nothing at all.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have started using golden's gel medium (I use the extra heavy gel in matte and apply it with a credit card in a thin layer over any waxy crayons so that I can journal over it and not ruin my pens. hope this helps. love your journal pages!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the girl page! She looks so happy and free. And I love that quote about the sun you found so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pages always floor me. They are beautiful!! As for fitting in some time for art, I am challenged by that and I don't even work fulltime. I do host a dream group twice a month and I do art with them. Seems like if I'm hosting someone else, I'll make the time. So maybe you want to get an art buddy or two and make some play dates ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great artwork. I really like your images!

    ReplyDelete
  12. fitting in time in my art room is very much a challenge! i am gone from 6:20 until 6:10 almost very week day. i try to work at least one hour in the evening and then i will stay up mega late or get up uber early on the weekends in order to get lots of creative time. you'll find a way to create. it's so obviously in your blood!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the new look to the blog, but I'm a sucker for the earth tones.
    ~v~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Barb! Gorgeous journal pages! I fit in my artsy time whenever I can. Sometimes just 10 or 15 minutes at a pop. You may complete fewer journal pages or projects, but you'll still get that crafty time in! Even just a few minutes helps relax and refresh me, and that is good for the health, too! Good luck! You'll figure it out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous art collages here - love all the colors and good luck in your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how lovely your journal pages are. The huggy girl is me, she has my hair!!! You seem to be doing the right things to 'mend' your soul, such as exercise and eating out! And your art of course, which is wonderful. Love the layout to, especially the ric rak down the sides.
    Love
    BT

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always enjoy seeing the new journal pages you've done when I come here...

    As for work, and life, and art, and balance... it might take you a little bit to figure it all out, but you will. Put what you need most, first. If you need to rest, rest, if you need to clean, clean... if you need to journal or do something crafty... do it. :)

    I do etsy full time now, but I used to work a full time job and craft on the evenings... You'll find the time. Don't worry. We always manage to find time for things we *want* to do.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. It might be hard to find time in the beginning and you'll feel like its slipping away - but trust me its not and as soon as you get the feel for the moments, the nooks and the crannies that you can squeeze art in, you will! And you will still grow as an artist and not only survive but thrive! So you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  19. YOu've been busy! I like the format, but the type on the brown might be a bit darker. Or maybe it's my eyes - especially at 11 p.m. !! LOL on me - Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh your work is lovely,I really like this, I know it's an old post, but it's lush!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...