Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Birthday Boy, Family Pics & Art Journaling

I am sorry for my absence but the trip to Arkansas for my precious little Noah’s (the wonderful grandboy) 5th Birthday party really did a number on me.  When we got home I was completely exhausted…but it was so very worth it.

Noah 5th birthday

Here’s the birthday boy, getting ready to dig into that pile of presents!  He was so excited that I couldn’t get him to look at the camera…he just wanted to see what goodies were inside his stack of presents and did he ever get the loot!One of the gifts inside the goodie bag Richie and I gave him was an electric toothbrush and when he came to that he stopped and looked at me saying “AWESOME, Nana!!!”  It was too cute.

Noah

I did manage to get him to look at the camera after the party was over but the sun was in his eyes.

 Noah birthday boy

 

So he grabbed his Aunt Shelby’s sunglasses and then he gave me that beautiful, precious smile that just makes this Nana’s heart melt.

Gawd, I love this kid!  He is such a hoot and he was as glad to see me as I was to see him.

  Unfortunately, Richie had to work so he wasn’t able to go with us so it was just me, Shelby and Toad (my youngest daughter and her husband) on the trip.  Five hours each way and it totally wore me out.  Sitting for too long makes me hurt all over and exhausts me to no end…but just seeing that wonderful smile and getting tons of hugs and kisses from my little Pumpkin Boy (my nickname for him) was worth every achy minute I’ve endured…a thousand times over.

While there, my sister gave me a packet of pictures of my parents (Mom’s been gone since 1991 and Daddy since 1987), of my brothers and sisters, as well as some of me as a kid.  My first husband burned all of my family pictures in a fit of anger when he realized that I really was divorcing him back in 2001 and I’ve not had any pictures of my family since then.  These pictures are such a HUGE thing to me.  I’ve wanted them so much and for so long…since getting home, in between resting and working in my art journal, I’ve been working on projects using some of these beautiful pictures. 

I tried scanning the one collage I have finished made with a copy of the only photo there is of my Mom and Dad the day they married but the scan turned out really crappy so I will have to take a pic of it in the morning.  It’s something I’m really proud of and want to share with y’all.

In the meantime, here’s some of the pages in my Art Journal that I’ve done in the past few days (as always, you can click on the pics to see larger versions)…Dream Goddess3 Colors

  That’s about it for me for tonight…they eyelids are getting heavy so it’s about time for sleep.

Thank you all for your well wishes and kind thoughts.  I have no friends in “real life” so the support and love I get from you all really does mean more than any of you could know. 

So thank each of you, from the bottom of my heart…you really do mean the world to me.

Peace & Love,

16 comments:

  1. Whoa, these pages are too wonderful. Well, not too wonderful. Nothing is too wonderful, but you know what I mean. I like them!! Yes, your library card should be in your mailbox tomorrow or I give up on the postal service - seriously. - Jeanne Hope you feel better every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look how big he is!! And still such a doll! I'm so glad you got to go! How are they doing? What's Savannah doing these days? Does Noah like his school?
    That is so cool about getting the pictures!! What a wonderful gift for you!
    I hope you are feeling better today!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, you were able to make it after all! I hope that means you're feeling a lot better than last week. He is just too cute.

    I can't wait to see the scans with your family pics in them. I only have one or two myself (everythnig else is gone) so I can completely relate to how important they must be to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your journal pages are fabulous Barb! You really inspire me.
    Looks like you had a great time with your cute grandson. Hope today is a good day for you...take care.
    Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barb you should consider doing your own ning course on art journaling because you're super talented.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know how disappointed you would have been if you weren't able to be there, so I am beyond thrilled that you could witness that first hand.

    You haven't spoken much about Savannah lately, how is she doing?

    You're pages look wonderful, like always. I am glad that you have that outlet honey. I hope everything else is wonderful in your world.

    Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! Your pages are the best!! I too lost family pics when I was younger and now that I am into art journaling, I would give anything to have those, so I understand totally how you feel. I wish I could be within 5 hours of my grandkids but they are very far away and I get to see them once a year if lucky. There are strength in numbers and we out here are your numbers!! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Barb! Hip hip hooray! You made your goal of seeing the birthday boy and participating in all the fun! Yay! So happy for you!

    Those family pictures sound like such a treasure! And I love your journal pages. My favorite of these is the Dream Goddess one! Sooooooooo cool! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Barb...
    The journal pages are wonderful....Great heart felt messages to yourself....And the birthday boy
    Well...nothing better than being a NANA (or in my case a MOMA!! I have a 4 year old grandson!) The littlest of loves....the biggest of loves!
    Thank you always for your words on the blog....
    You continue to reach out and touch so many!! BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Barb!! I just met you and your blog, thank god you found me! I could just tell by reading it that we were meant to be friends. I have been meaning to find you a thousand times when I see the amazing and encouraging comments you leave your friends. I get sooo distracted. I adore your blog and your art is absolutely AWESOME! So now I'm stalkin ya bigtime!

    Your Grandson is soooo adorable and I'm so glad you got to make the trip to spend time with him. I'm looking forward to the family pic projects and thought it was such a touching, special thing for your sister to do.

    Hope that you are having a good week this week!! And where are ya in Alabama? Heck, we're like neighbors! Waving at ya across the mountains :D Hugs! Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. he is a gorgeous young man! what lovely curls!!!

    the journal pages are beautiful...i hope you have a speedy recuperation from the trip!
    those longs spells can be rough...i don't have a quick little remedy to share either..:(

    just rest up m'dear

    ReplyDelete
  12. He is SO adorable! Glad you were able to make the trip.

    Sad about your photos. Just a suggestion if your family has other photos to let you borrow you could scan them into your computer. I have a Pandigital Photolink that I got and it is so QUICK and much easier than a flatbed scanner for doing lots of photos. I put a quick review of it on my blog: http://robynsonlineworld.blogspot.com/2009/01/quick-easy-photo-scanning.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Barb, so sorry to hear you've been worse again... the pics of Noah are fab!! What a chuckle-bucket!!
    Your art journalling is beautiful and you really make me smile when I read what you journal. Keep up the wonderful work my friend.
    Huggggggggssssss
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a character he is!

    Those pages are awesome.

    ~Magick~
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous pages! Loved your art! So fun seeing family isn't fun seeing them having a birthday at that age it magic.
    Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh what a gorgeous little boy he is. That photo of him in the sun glasses is priceless. He reminds me of my almost 4 year old grandson. I adore him too.
    It's very odd, but I ache all over and also get pains in my arms and legs when I'm on a long car drive. We drive over to the UK from Ireland sometimes and I hate it. Maybe it's the meds?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...