Saturday, February 7, 2009

Totems

I’ve been happily working my butt off on all the wonderful art projects I have going right now…the window frame that my hubby brought me home is coming along splendidly and I should have it completed in the morning so I can share it with y’all.

I had another unexpected surprise in the mailbox today.  One of my wonderful blog friends (this one I do know who she is and appreciate her generosity so much!) sent me the gorgeous mica powders off my wishlist.  Oh the fun I will have with these and can’t wait to use them (tomorrow!)  Thank you so much…your kindness and thoughtfulness overwhelms me. *Big Tight Hugs*

Today was not an art day…I’ve pretty much spent today just snuggling and cuddling with my hubby.  He leaves on a business trip to Dallas in the morning and (don’t laugh or gag) we’ve never spent a night apart since before we got married, 3 years ago.  We’re both kind of sad…we love being together. *sniffle* lol

He leaves on a 6:50am flight out of Birmingham in the morning which means I have to have him up by 3am so he can shower, shave and drive the two hours to the airport in time to check in early for his flight.

I think I may just stay up until it’s time to wake him…I’m scared of over-sleeping. lol  I will probably just work in my art journal for a while (the hours can just fly by when I’m immersed in creating and especially in my art journal.)

Totems

Speaking of my art journal, I was looking back over the pages I’ve done since the beginning of the year and found a journal spread I thought that I had shared but realized that I haven’t…anyway I thought it might be of some interest or even a source of inspiration.  As always, you can click on the pic for a better view and to read the journaling better.

What are your totems?  What animals, things in nature, shapes and figures are you particularly drawn to?  Why not journal about them?  If you do, please share…I’d love to see what you come up with.  I adore seeing others journal pages and art in general.

I hope your Saturday was a good one and your Sunday is even better.

Peace & Love,

8 comments:

  1. I so love your art journal, I read your blog everyday .. well everyday you post! You are inspiring with your positivity :) Thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought I would come by and peek. And I find you cuddled up with your honey....I closed my eyes! Arney and I have been married forever, from birth, and we do hate to be apart. It is wonderful that you will miss each other...I call that Love! He will be home for Heart day?
    Your journaling and collages are wonderful. When I am working on something that I love to do....your right, time goes by so fast. I look at the clock and am shock at the time that has gone by.
    You have a sweet friend...it is always so nice to be thought of and then a gift...WOW!
    Have a great Sunday. Big Hugs, mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Barb! It's so hard to be apart, isn't it? Hope his trip is quick and he's back home with you, soon, for more snuggling! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barb, I hope you woke up in time to get the hubby off on his flight! I hate early flights... I always scared of over-sleeping too!

    The journal page is beautiful as always. I have been particularly drawn to birds lately, too. I MUST start journaling!

    Renee :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are too cute...the seperation will go fast...
    now
    if y'all had been married lots longer...like say 30 some years
    you would have grown to appreciate a little alone time when the hubster might have to leave for any time...i enjoy the little breaks now and again...but i enjoy even more the return home
    :)
    the journals page spread is great! totems are used a lot in artwork themes and i don't forsee them 'going out of style'
    totems mark many a persons spirituality and give guidance...
    my personal totem is the wolf...
    great reminder barb!
    you have a peaceful art full day...it will help you while you are missing your man...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barb your blog looks awesome love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, you live in birmingham? i have family there... it is a lovely city.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barb, I'm so glad you got the mica powders. I hope you will soon be feeling better and can use them in some glorious journal pages or some inspiring painting. The last few days have been tough for me (terrible anxiety/panic attack on Sunday and just uneasy feeling since then) so I called in sick today. I plan to take it easy today and try not to feel guilty about cancelling my classes. Wish me luck!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...