Sunday, February 15, 2009

Busy with Family

Sorry I haven’t been around the past few days.  I’ve actually felt better for the most part but have been running around like a mad woman trying to get things done for our youngest daughter’s wedding reception (they were married on January 9th so we held their reception, dubbed their “Happily Ever After-party, here at our house last night.)

It was a wonderful success but I was absolutely wiped out from all the preparations, shopping, decorating, cleaning and baking.  Every bit of food, including the wedding cake, was homemade by yours truly.  She (Shelby) said she wanted a the dessert table with the wedding cake laid out like you’d see in a pastry shop…and I think we succeeded very nicely.

We met the grooms family (some of them pretty strange but oh well, we can’t choose our family and he DID warn us) and they met us (and are probably thinking the same thing about us, too.)  Many of their friends showed up and everyone showered them with love and best wishes, not to mention gifts and cash.  You have to love gifts and cash…they are both tickled to death.

Needless to say, my creativity has been used in decorating and baking and not in my studio or even my Art Journal for the past few days.  Today was rest, relax and recuperate day…we all needed it!  A five hour nap this afternoon implies the dire need, wouldn’t you say? lol

Come Monday I am hoping to be back to creating in the studio (I have some AWESOME ideas in my head that I can’t wait to bring into fruition!) and in my Art Journal.  Lots of sharing, too, I promise.

Oh, has anyone ever had a problem receiving Stampington & Company publications?  I ordered “Art Journaling” on January 28th, received a confirmation email on February 2nd that it would ship out in 2-4 days but, as of yet, nada.  I check the mail with such excitement every day and every day I am disappointed. lol  Anyway, if you have ordered from them, leave me a comment with details. I so want to know that this isn’t a common practice for them since they have so many cool publications.

Well, if you’ve read this far then you deserve a big gold star and a huge thanks.  I hope you all had a great Valentines (mine was nice and restful) and the rest of your weekend is splendid as well.

Keep on creating!

Peace & Love,

12 comments:

  1. Hi, Barb! Wow! You made ALL the food and did so much of the preparations!?? I'd say a WEEK of rest and recuperation are in order! So glad that everything went well and a happy time was had by all! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm sure you make magnificent cakes!!! Hope you had time to sit down and have some yourself, chat to people etc..!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on making it through!!! You deserve a gift certificate to a salon and a tall glass of something delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a huge undertaking. I bet it was fun! It's always challenging to express yourself artistically in different ways. A five hour nap!.. what a delightful treat. I hope you'll have a fun Monday in your studio recouping from the cook-off! Hugs!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I'm suprised you even have time to blog! Sounds like it was a lot of work so now you deserve a nice rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Barb!! So glad it all went off without s hitch for you and your DD! That 'weird relatives' part made me crack up! That has to be one of my fave sayings... 'You can choose your friends, but you can't choose your family'
    Enjoy your rest and do some more journalling - I love Ingrid too and your pages are fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on making it to the other side. Now is time for creativity and self-love. Can't wait to see your creations.

    Isn't waiting for something in the mail the worst. I hate that disappointed feeling. I hope it arrives today. Have you seen "Where Women Create" which is focused on art studios. It's a new publication from Stampington. It's pretty sweet. I just might have to subscribe.

    Sara
    http://livingtheartistsway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. ryc: I know..I can't access this site from school like I can OD and bloop, and I'm never home long enough to sit and read. That's why I EMAIL you my blogs everyday! :P

    Wish I coulda been there for the reception! So much going on right now.
    I love and miss you!! Hoping we can get together soon!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. grrr...i can't post a comment on your previous entry (the depression/birds one).
    I LOVE the crafts on there! The hands one is so amazingly creative. I wish my students were older so they could create something similar. I may use that idea and scale it down to their level and have them do something similar, if that's ok with you!

    and the quote on the birds one...love it!!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! We women sometimes are like octopusses, we have extra arms and extra energy to do it all!
    Glad you had a great Valentine's Day.


    ps. Come to my blog I am having an art box giveaway...See you there!
    Flor

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, Barb! You should have taken pics of your dessert spread! I bet it was beautiful!

    I'm glad you're feeling a little better :)

    I have just ordered Art Doll Quarterly from Stampington... I was expecting it today so now I'm nervous!!! I'll let you know if I have problems...

    Renee :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Barb, You are a very special Mom to do all that wonderful work. I am so happy that it turned out just the way you wanted it to. And that your daughter is so happy.
    As for me, I am better today, but worried. Sometimes things happen that we have no control over and they want you to understand their point of view. And when you can't give the right answers you learn more than you want to about this person you love more than life. I have cryed so much that my head won't stop hurting. So with all that said, we will move on, it will just take a little time. I am a lover, not a fighter. Again Thank you, I know you understand. Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...