Sunday, January 18, 2009

Things that Bring me Joy

I think we should all seek out the things that make us feel giddy and full of bliss…and I’m not just talking tangible things, either. Reading a good book, enjoying the sound of children’s laughter, a crackling fire on a cold, blustery day, finding ways to recycle things would have wound up in the landfill, giving compliments…those sort of things.

Books are such a huge joy of mine.


I have mentioned my love of books before and, once again, I’m in book heaven! I
1000_journal_pages_coverreceived an order from Books-a-Million Saturday and it had so many goodies inside that I have been in hog heaven ever since, just pouring over the pages of each of these great titles.

ABS Every single book I got is Art related. Every one of them is one I’ve been wanting for a while so I am enjoying reading and perusing each one to the fullest.
BOOKSAJS
Each one is geared toward my latest obsession(s), Art Journaling and Altered Books and other altered art. These are things I can do in bed, where I spend most of my waking hours these days.
b318 I really believe that Art Journaling has saved my sanity and now I want to branch out into Altered Books, too. I think these amazing books will help me be well on my way to learning more about journaling and to learning about altered books and items. I just love these art forms and I want to learn them, grow with them, become good at them.

I’m just so excited all the things I have to learn and the tools I have to do it, too! Can you tell? lol


I’m also excited about my journal giveaway tomorrow. WOOT!!!

Don’t forget, I'm drawing tomorrow at 5pm cst…so if you haven’t yet entered, be sure to jump over HERE and drop your name in before the deadline. Remember, you even get to pick your colors out, too. YAY!

Until next time, get out there and be creative!


Peace & Love,



Be sure to subscribe!
This link kills spam

6 comments:

  1. Omgoodness! i want to read them ALL tOO!!!
    Thanks for dropping by my bloggy X:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouuu!!! I love these kinds of books too! :) I have the Altered Book Workshop b/c that's how I started crafting was making altered books. It has a lot of good tips in there. Tam (Willowing) just mentioned the Altered Imagery book in her latest video and she showed one great tip about altering actual photos which I thought was pretty great.
    I've definitely embraced the art journal. Do you have any recs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! Those books look fab! I have a thing for artbooks at the moment Barb - I believe they're great therapy - especially when you're unwell and just not up to 'making' art! What a fab choice! I've just completely screwed up an altered book project (lol!), so I'm going back to the drawing board and starting over... after I finish my latest project though!!
    Take care & enjoy your reading! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great collection of books! So much inspiration to be found. I love the font in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those books look totally taste'y! Have FUN!

    ~Magick~
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Artists Journals and Sketchbooks by Lynne Perrella is one of my all time favorite books of that genre....you're sure to love it. The others are quite delish as well. A sure Rx when you are feeling unwell Barb. Hope you ARE feeling better these days. Miss ya. xo ak

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...