Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year, New Look...Sorta

ex⋅as⋅per⋅a⋅tion [ig-zas-puh-rey-shuhn]

–noun

1. an act or instance of exasperating; provocation.
2. the state of being exasperated; irritation; extreme annoyance: Her exasperation at being interrupted was understandable.

Origin:
1540–50; exasperātiōn- (s. of exasperātiō) roughness, bitterness.
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.


***********************

That would describe how I'm feeling about this whole updating of my blog right about now.

*slams head repeatedly on keyboard*

I'm okay with just about everything (for now, cause we all know I love change!) except for trying to get my header to work! I've fiddled with it for the past 2 hours and right now I'm sick of it! Sick, sick, SICK!

Good thing I'm not a computer programmer cause I'd have shot myself or my laptop in the first week of doing that job.

Anyway, I know the header is ugly and all kinds of messed up....but I hope you'll overlook the mess (I act like you're showing up at my door at home, don't I?) until I can get it sorted out...and who knows when that will be? Hell, I may wind up just changing the whole layout all over again if it doesn't come more easily when I sit back down to it later.

Now, I think I will work on my art journal and let some of the stress from farting around with my blog that has taken my brain and body over just melt away. Oh, did you ever realize how many images, borders, text lines, letters and the like you can get from just one single magazine? In case you don't, it's TONS!

Ahhhh, art....my saving grace. lol

Until next time...Happy Creating!!!

Peace & Love,


Be sure to subscribe so you
Don't miss a crafty thing!

12 comments:

  1. Ha! Barb, I KNOW what you mean... that is why I've had the same generic blog layout for ages. I have people tell me on Etsy all the time that my banner is totally unrelated to my shop and it is because I have NOOOOO idea what I'm doing and no patience to figure it out!

    P.S. I think it looks fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know someone who would help you in a heartbeat... you just have to tell her what you want done ;) Oh and it IS just like showing up at your door... I just posted to horribly ugly pieces of art right on my front door so you can go see them and feel tons better. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the look of the new blog so far. But it sounds like you are definitely ready for some craft therapy as a result!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I even knew how to make mine more personal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt the exact same way when I was working on my blog the other day. I said to the computer, "You are so lucky I don't own a bat."

    BTW, I answered your question about Rowan in the comments section of my blog. Is he one-eyed???? ;)

    ~Magick~
    Melis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Barb! It can get so maddening when you can't get the computer to cooperate. It's like you need a degree in a foreign language!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today and leaving a nice comment. It is appreciated! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad to have virtually met you! The redesigning of the layout is often a lot like cleaning the studio after an intensive loaded session of making - its the time-suck effect these things have - but in the end its all worth it and yet another form of your artistic expression! I wanted to thank you for your thoughts, condolences and blogger love during this tough time in my life...thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Barb!
    I've been trying to reply to your comments, but I can't find your email addy anywhere - next time you stop by, will you leave me your address so I can thank you properly? xo Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Barb!

    Your blog looks great. I have been wanting to change mine as well but hear so much frustration from others I keep procrastining! Thankfully my DH has offered to help. =) I knew he was good for something! j/k.

    Thanks for continueing to visit my blog and post. It brightens my day!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like your layout is all fixed and lovely now. I was going to refer you over my sister (www.actuallylaura.blogspot.com) - she's terrific at this stuff! She made my new one for me. It makes me oh-so-happy every time I go there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was thinking how cute it looked!! :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...