Sunday, January 4, 2009

Journal Pages

I have been a busy bee since the start of the New Year.

I've cleaned up and organized (for the most part) my studio, getting ready for a new (to me) painting table that my wonderful hubby is bringing me home from his work. My studio has become full to overflowing because I just can't bring myself to throw anything away (you never know how I might be able to use it somewhere down the road!) As wonderful as this little habit of mine can be when it comes to creating things, it's not so great when it comes to being organized.

Ugh!

Anyway, once I got things a little more "in order", it became fun again to actually use the room for its intended purpose again. My muse must have been hiding in one of my piles or something. lol I can't wait get my stainless topped table for painting in there, too! That will really make it a great place to create...hopefully I'll have it in there tomorrow.

With this wonderfully organized studio, I have been journaling up a storm. Art Journaling, or visual journaling as some call it, is absolutely addictive! Here are some pages I've done lately (click on them to make them bigger, if you'd like):

A Murder of Crows


Two page spread in order to save Teesha Moore's
"How to Art Journal" instructions/ideas/tips.


My Fears

I even managed to create my own journal for the New Year with my ultra wonderful Bind-it-All! Woot! No pics of it yet but it's on the list of things to be photographed...along with my latest Pretty Girl and her progress. She's coming along fabulously.

Lots of creative things going on in my head these days and, thankfully, I'm finding it easier than ever to let them seep out through my hands.

I hope you are finding creativity flowing like water these days, too. If you're finding it hard to know where to start or just can't find your creative drive, consider checking out some of the blogs in my blog list at the right for wonderful inspiration. I'm even considering starting to post some prompts of my own for my great readers to possibly use as inspiration for YOUR pages in your art journals.

Whaddaya think? Good idea or no? You can be honest, my feelings won't be hurt, I swear! lol

Until next time...Happy Creating!!!

Peace & Love,


Be sure to subscribe so you
Don't miss a crafty thing!

22 comments:

  1. Ahh how nice to hear someone say that they are finding it easier to let the creative inspirations flow. Good for you and your journal pages are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the idea of art journaling but time is so limited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Barb! I figured a gal doesn't get what she doesn't ask for, so I asked for some Stewart Gill paints in my holiday wishlist. And I was very lucky to receive some to play with! Yay!

    Love your art journal pages! Need to clean my own studio space, too! Happy 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always looking for prompts to use in my art journals, so YES!! I love the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oo, i love the murder of crows spread!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Organizing and journal pages - we must be long lost twins. ;) Great journal pages! I just started an art journal too - never did it before. It's very fun.

    ~here's to more and more FUN~
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barb, I love the art journal pages and I can't believe how many fears we share.
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh! OH! I looove your art journal pages!

    The crows page is darkly beautiful and powerful! The fears page is simply fascinating. I found myself gazing at it open-mouthed :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Barb, I wish you were my neighbor so you could teach me your techniques! I bought a little sketchbook and I'm afraid of marring it with all my mistakes! Yours looks like a masterpiece! I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the crows :)

    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been wanting a binder for so long! I too am a huge lover of sketch books, address books, journals.. you get the picture. I think your Christmas presents rocked the house! What a delight for you!

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the crows art journal page ...reminds me a little of scherenschnitte ... the art of cutting silhoettes ... I have been enjoying the art journal january challenge ... been takeing a video each day of my art journal process...its been such fun ...
    ♥ milliande

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the murder of crows spread! I'm finding things easier and more fun each day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Barb~ I too love the art pages! My journal is simply filled with writing and the occasional cut out from a magazine or two. Thanks for reminding me that journaling is an art form in and of itself!
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your work! Thanks for the words on my blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Inspiring! I have never made an art journal for me...lousy at journaling. It seems so good for so many, perhaps I should really give it a whirl?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all of your pages but the crow one is really my favorite. For one, the tree is one of my "power" images for this year. It keeps coming up. Your tree is gorgeous. The crows are another subject that I love. This last weekend I did some cleaning and organizing in my creative room. It was beginning to look like a huge closet and not a very organized one! Ha. It really does help the creative flow when I make room for it. My creative room isn't perfect but the creativity train is running again.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hi barb, these are such great spreads! Looks like you're off to a great start in your book.

    I'm working on organizing too. The problem with doing collages and mixed media is there's too much stuff to hold on to!! :)

    Thanks for your visits to my blog. xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great journal pages! Thank you for sharing them with us. Love that we share with each other!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm all about de-cluttering before being able to create to! I love your journal pages - especailly the birds and tree one! Prompting is always appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome tree! You've been working overtime in your art journal lately. Such great use of color in the last one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...