Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Inauguration Day Journal Spread

Yesterday was such a historical and emotional day of events for me…for our country.

Not only did we put into the highest office in our country the 44th President of the United States but it was monumental in that President Barack Obama is also the very first black president. Along with his taking of the office came a feeling of change on the horizon…a feeling of HOPE that has long been missing for so many in our country.

I woke up yesterday brimming with excitement and the first thing I thought about was commemorating the day and the feelings it gave me in my Art Journal so that’s what I set about doing.

Inaugeration Day

I enjoyed doing these pages so much (you can click on it to see a larger view, if you'd like) and have taken to scanning my art journaling pages instead of digital pictures. I think it gives them more clarity. What do you think?

Here’s to hope and change and the new beginning on the horizon.

Being ill and that keeping me in the bed so much of the time has given me much time on my hands. I work on my journal pages, read like a mad woman, draw and collage but I haven't been painting much since it can be so messy (if you're me, it's VERY messy lol.) I really want to feel a brush in my hand, at least for a little bit, so I think I'll venture into my studio for a bit sometime today. We need a house number sign and being the crafty, recycling chica that I am, I found the perfect palette for one....a discarded drawer front I found sitting by the neighbor's trash a few weeks ago. WOOT! (Oh, and I also manage to abscond with a like-new oriental rug from their discards, too...how cool is that?)

Anyway, it will probably take me a few days to actually finish it but it will be nice to have a painting project to work on for a while. I'll share before and afters with y'all when I make some progress.

May your muse dance in your dreams and give you peace and creativity that is overflowing.

Peace & Love,

Be sure to subscribe!

This link kills spam

8 comments:

  1. Love love LOVE it!

    I need a house number sign too. I thought it would be cool to mosaic one...but thinking was as far as I got with that one :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barb,
    These are fantastic pages for a fantastic day.
    I am so glad you shared them.
    Happy days,
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!! Found you through entrecard. I love your banner slogan! I keep telling the hubby that crafting is keeping me sane. I don't think he's buying it though!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pages are really stunning. It's looks like something you'd see in a magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!
    I love your journal pages. I wish I could journal... I've tried and it never works for me. Thanks for your comments, I am fine, just busy busy busy! I'll try to get something up tomorrow :)

    hugs,
    Brandie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Barb,
    I'm sending you a Kreativ Blogger Award because I love your inauguration day journal spread, and I love how you are using all these fun gadgets on your sidebar. I must learn how to use some of them! I love your range of interests in creating and think more people should see your blog, which I think is the purpose of awards, to sort of chain blogs together. So if you go to my blog, you can get the Kreativ Blogger icon and post it on your blog, and then you feel good. :) And find some others to award it to!
    www.findingjimmy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome journal page befitting of the day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! your art journals are awesome! i wish i was that talented :D how long did it take you to finish a journal spread? =0 amazing! i stumbled upon your blog from entrecard, btw :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...