Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I don’t wanna grow up…

I’m a Toys ‘R Us kid. 
There’s a million toys at Toys ‘R Us that I can play with.
La la la lala la la….

You know where I’m coming from, right? 

Growing up. Leaving childhood behind. Facing our own mortality as we grow older and move further and further away from those carefree days of being a kid.

*sigh*

Well, that’s what was on my mind today.  I didn’t feel like going into the studio so I got nothing, nada, zip, zilch done on my paintings or my street number sign that I’ve been working on…just art journaling but at least I’m creating and that feels good.  It keeps me from feeling like a slug.

So here’s my journal layout for the day…”Kid Again” (be sure to click on it to see it larger/more close up):

Kid Again

I just love the little girl in the page on the right.  She has the look on her face that is exactly what I feel like most days. ARGGG! lol  I just really enjoyed doing this layout…it is built on copies of original photos done by my youngest daughter which makes it extra special.

Plus hey, the feelings are genuine, too.

Anyway, if I’m feeling better tomorrow (and if the doc will call with my latest liver panel results, I know that would help make me feel better…well, if they come back showing improvement in liver function, I mean) then I will try to finish making Melissa’s Journal that she won in my giveaway.  She’s decided to leave color choices up to me so I’m having a ball in making something really original for her.

Now, I’m way behind on reading my favorite blogs so if I haven’t been around in a few days, blame it on my being icky.  I will get there, eventually.  I promise.

I hope you’re all having a great week and that the creative spirit is tickling you silly.

Peace & Love,

15 comments:

  1. Get better! Sleep, drink fluids! (mine drug of choice is wine, but your liver would protest!) Get some fresh air, and go for a stroll, take your camera so you can share your scenery w/your blog lovers. In the meantime...I'll keep you in my prayers! Get healthy hon!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barb,

    Hope you start feeling a bit better soon--I'm thinking of you :)

    Love this journal layout. It's so true...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the doctor calls with good news. I';ve been thinking about you, you know.

    I love the little girls face,too. I feel like that this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Barb! Big {{{HUGS!}}} to you! Hope you get good news AND feel better soon! Love the journal pages. That tricycle looks all tricked out and I like how it is surrounded by theatre lights! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Barb, I'm so sorry that you're still feeling sick. That makes me so sad---here--take this--it's some vegetarian vegetable soup--it will make you feel better!!!

    Also, oh dear Barb, you have to go and listen to my show on last Sunday because I talk about you--I answer your question you left!!

    Go here:
    http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Dirty-Footprints
    And hit the little play arrow in the blue box next to my photo!!! You can listen while you eat your vegetable soup!

    Plus, Barb--I LOVE LOVE LOVE your journal entry!!

    Get feeling better (put your legs up the wall!!)

    Peace & Love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your journal pages are fabulous Barb... you have inspired me, thank you.
    Love
    Linda x
    Thank you for entering my give-away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these pages and they are so fun! Hope you are feeling better. Just found your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ~~~Oh feel better soon vibes~~~

    The pages are gorgeous!! The colors, the extra swirls and do-dads, the writing is fabulous!! You may feel yucky, but you've got beautiful stuff coming out of you.

    ~Snuggle Huggles~
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Barb,

    The download is there for Music Mondays. You can snag it if you want (that's what it's there for). It's just me sharing a song that I like every Monday. :)

    Cheers!
    M

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just discovered your blog through your uploads at Flickr... wow love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you feel better soon! I have to tell you that the Toys R Us song is now stuck in my head - I'll be singing that for days. I love your two journal page spreads. Very nice! Take care. Hugs. Marci

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi again, Barb! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. Don't think that I was the one to give you the tip about Elmer's Blue School Glue ... but I'm intrigued! Love to know what you're gonna use it for! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Barb, first and foremost I hope the doctor calls with good news for you first thing tomorrow so you can go on with your day with less worry :)

    Secondly, your journals are just beautiful so don't feel like you've neglected ANYTHING today. We all need downtime (and even in your downtime you're productive!)

    Third, thanks for the recommendation for A Million Little Pieces... I am going to make a list and it is going to be first on there. I'll let you know how I like it!

    Renee :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. great journal page! and i relate! just let us play!!!!! xox tanya

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow these are really unique journal pages. I really loved seeing them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...