Saturday, January 17, 2009

Changes

“Sometimes you gotta take chances
Nothing stays the same
The world will keep on turning
Again and again, again and again”

From “Changes” by Chris Lake

As you can see, I do love some change. I loved the other layout but it just didn’t seem to be ME. I’m not really sure this one is me, either, but I thought I’d try it on for size.

My creativity has been taken up with making invitations to my youngest daughter’s wedding reception and it has worn me out! First there was designing them (which was hard enough considering that my daughter turned into Bridezilla over everything from the fonts to the paper to the layout!), then the printing which was tedious since she chose to print on a vellum overlay (oh geez!).

Next, there was cutting and adding the black and red ribbon to each invitation (another Bridezilla choice…can we make this a little harder please? UGH!), then we had to do the addresses, stuff the envelopes and seal them.

This has been a 3 day adventure….and I mean 3-FULL-DAYS. I don’t mention it here but I am ill with some chronic conditions and recently found out right before the holidays that I have another serious condition so now I’m I’m on even more meds and feel like total crap 80% of the time.

Can you see why this adventure made me cranky?

Whew! I’m just glad it’s finally done.

Now to just get them in the mail and, since I don’t leave the house very often right now, I’m going to have to insist that Bridezilla, er…I mean Shelby (my daughter), take them to the Post Office this morning. I better no catch any flack from her over it either!

I’m whiny today…sorry.

I’ve not done much artistically otherwise…well, except for playing with my new slew of Sharpie Paint Markers in my Art Journal for a while. I just love those markers…they are just such yummy art goodness. I’m so glad that some of you are going to order and use them…I promise that you’ll love ‘em. One little note, be sure to follow the directions to prime them and use them for a bit on a scrap paper to get the paint flowing well before you start thinking that they don’t work right.

And be sure to let me know what you think of them, too.

If any of you have any other wonderful inexpensive (remember, I’m a thrifty kinda girl) art supplies, clue me in – I do love a good artsy bargain.

It’s still early but I’ve been up since 5:30am and didn’t get to sleep until after 3am (meds again) so it’s time for a nap for this sleepy girl. I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday and rest of the weekend.

Oh, and don’t forget, I’m drawing for a handmade, recycled materials, wire-bound journal on Monday evening at 5pm. If you haven’t entered yet, be sure to check out THIS POST and drop your name in the hat.

Until next time...Happy Creating!!!

Peace & Love,



Be sure to subscribe!
This link kills spam

12 comments:

  1. I love the look of your blog! Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey - i feel for you - i know how it feels to be shattered - i have something that makes me feel that way too. hope you feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you're trying different layouts out to see what works best for YOU. From an audience perspective, I appreciate seeing a part of your personality represented in your blog layout. The quote "Not much cheaper than psychiatry, but much more fun" is not only hilarious but soooo true!

    ~Sara Mo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barb I love the new look and the psychiatry bit is funny. Ok, so you want another journal addiction? I just bought a set of these...
    Sakura Glaze Gel Ink Pen - 10 Color Set here: http://www.jetpens.com/product_info.php/products_id/1865
    They dry shiny 3D when dry. How cool is that I ask you? And don't forget Anne's post about the inktense pencils too: http://gaalcreative.blogspot.com/2009/01/watercolor-pencil-experiment.html
    I hope you are feeling better soon and get all of those meds straightened out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving your new digs!

    Sorry to hear it's been a drain-o week for you! Weddings are a strange combination of our deepest expressions of love and wanting to beat people with pots and pans. You will survive bridezilla! I'm sure the invites are gorgeous. :)

    Hope your finding some time to recuperate and relax!

    Much Joy, Merry Making~*
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  6. For me, the last layout was more you -

    though I do like this one too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Barb - I just wanted to stop by and say hello - you popped up on my blog a couple of days ago as a follower and I just wanted to say thank you for choosing to follow my little part of cyberspace - this looks like the quite the place here! will be back...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to see these changes in your blog, searching for the one that fits. At least for the moment! Sorry to hear you are not well. Wishing you good health!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure they're lovely, but I'm with you on the cranky. Mid-stream changes make me cranky too.

    Love the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry to hear about the health issues - feeling bad that much sounds terrible, but I am inspired by how you handle it. I hope you feel better a little bit each day until feeling bad is the un-usual not the usual.

    How awesome of you to help so much with your daughter's wedding. I didn't have a big wedding (just me and hubby and daughter) nor a big party, but I do understand how stressfull they are. So YAY YOU! I'm sure they're are breathtaking.

    ~Magick~
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Barb, I wish we lived closer...I would have totally helped you on those invitations. With all the work and love and sacrafice you put into them I am sure they will be treasured by each guest. I know I've kept some really pretty wedding invitations that I've received.

    Next, I'm so sorry to here that you're feeling so yucky. When you can't sleep Barb---and you're tossing and turning--think of me whispering all the way from AZ "put your feet up the walll Barb...feet up the wall!!!!" Try next time....you'll thank me for it!

    You're new blog lay out looks fab!! Totally fab!! It's clean, fun, and full of joy!! Love it!

    Last--after I tell you how much I love ya--I want to tell you that I scheduled my talk show at 9AM Arizona time..so you folks over on the east side of the country would get it a little later. 9AM AZ time I think equals 10 or 11 in Alabama!! I hope to hear from you!!

    Peace & Love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Barb, I love the new look of the blog. So SORRY about your dealings with your own little Bridezilla... it is just natural and maybe even inevitable! This is why I ran off to the courthouse and got married by the JP who performed the ceremony while eating fries and a grilled cheese sandwich (no kidding!) Ha! Memories....

    I hope you feel okay. Have you heard of Milk Thistle being good for liver conditions? Maybe that is an old wives tale...

    Renee :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...