Wednesday, December 31, 2008

What I've learned...

Well, it's the end of another year; time to close the books on 2008. Another year come and (almost) gone; another year of my life has whooshed by at the speed of light.

I've learned so much this year...about life, myself and about art; about what I'm truly capable of, emotionally and creatively.

I have been happy and joyous and I've felt lost and mourned for things and people lost; I've reached some goals and I've lost out on reaching others (for the time being); I've loved and I have been loved; I've learned the true power and freedom of the word "NO"; I've began learning how to be my true self without apologies.

I have been helpful to those I can help and I have been helped by those who had the ability and desire to help me; I've seen sunrises and sunsets, easy days and tough ones, stormy times and calm waters; I've learned to let go and play and that it's not just okay but it's fabulously wonderful to be a kid again.

In this year I have aged and grown and learned.

It has truly been a year.

But now we are on the cusp of a brand new year, bright and shining, just waiting to bestow every good and precious gift upon us, there for the taking. Nothing is impossible; it is all within our reach...all our hopes and dreams are there...

In the New Year.

No resolutions for me, goals maybe but no resolutions...they only serve to get broken. Goals are for me to strive for, whereas resolutions are difinitive lines drawn in the sand and they only make me feel like a failure when I don't succeed at them. Goals are much more fruitful.

May your 2009 be full of all things bright and beautiful and full of joy for you.

Until next time, next year...Happy Creating!!!

With Much Peace & Love,


Be sure to subscribe so you
Don't miss a crafty thing!

17 comments:

  1. I have to ditto your post! CHEERS! Here's to a super 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Barb! Sounds like one fabulous year leading to another. Way to go for unearthing your authentic self and being brave enough to show it to the world. And I love your thoughts on no resolutions, only goals. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post with inspiring thoughts. I wish you much peace and joy in 2009, Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You said it all and perfectly too. Here's to 2009 and possibilities! Happy New Year to you too Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You words were very heartfelt and inspiring. Thank you for reaching deep within and sharing. Also thank you for being one of my blog readers and commenting. I truly does make a big difference to me. God Bless YOU! Happy and Prosperous 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Barb! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for sharing your story of kindness with me. That must have felt so good to hear those words from your boss.
    Take care and wishing you a happy and creative 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year!! Hope it brings everything you dream of and many opportunities for smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a thought-provoking post. Very nice. Happy New Year Barb. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. my god, what a beautiful photo. did you take it? and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a special post. I hope that 2009 brings you all things good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Barb! By the way, I just love that sunset picture! It's awesome! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey there beautiful barb! LOVE your post! Here's to GOALS!!!thanks for your kind words~ you are so sweet! ~in a nutshell~ i decided to leave my husband of 17 years~ & he has absolutely TURNED on me~ doing anything & EVERYTHING he can to CRUSH me~
    no no! NOT going to let him! I am BIGGER than that & I am finally FREE of his control, manipulation & emotional & verbal abuse~
    you are so sweet~ YOU deserve an awesome 2009! Let's MOVE forward together!
    LOVE.
    e

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year, Barb. I hope you have the best ever. Great post. And I agree with blue-eyed yogi - let's move forward together. jeanne in Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi - I love this post! I just found your blog - we've been commenting on some of the same blogs lately :-), so I just want to say hi. . . ummm "Hi!"

    Take care,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...