Friday, December 26, 2008

Santa was Good to Me!

I guess the family has really embraced my love of creating art considering all the wonderful things they gave me for the holidays. Oh so many fantastic goodies and nearly all of them from my wishlist! (Gotta love having an Amazon wishlist, huh?)


Let's see, what did Santa Baby leave for lil ol' me?

First, a set of Pitt artist pens in shades of gray. OMG, I've been coveting these for a while and now I have them.

YAY!

I love doing artwork in black and white but even that needs shading and nothing can do that better than Pitt and the shades of gray series is the ultimate.They are awesome, to say the least!

Then there is the oh so lusted after Bind-it-All machine that I've wanted for what seems like forever! I love journals, art journals, books, photo albums, scrapbooks, date books, address books but I'm never totally happy with the one's you buy at the store....NOW I can make my own! YAY!!! They can be exactly what I envision in the size that I want, no more settling for what I can find at Wal-Mart or Books-a-Million, or even online. WOOT!

I was up at 2:30am last night playing with my new Bind-it-All in my studio, making my first little art journal to play in.

Oh, how I love new toys!

Then there are the wonderful books, oh how marvelous it is to get new books! I think my family must really, really love me cause they not only bought me terrific art materials but they also bought me BOOKS!


I love books about the things I am interested in so I can learn more and pick the brains, figuratively, of those who already have great knowledge on the subjects. I have devoured "Journal Revolution" (if you dont' have it, get it...it's fabulous!) and am about to start on "Collage Unleashed" tonight. "Wreck This Journal" has been on my wish list for quite a while so I am super excited to have it now and look forward to, well, wrecking it. lol I also got two different Moleskines, a large sketchbook and a large squared (gridded) notebook.

There are also a couple of magazines the I picked up from Books-a-Million with a gift card I received ("Somerset Studio, The Art of Paper and Mixed Media" and "Cloth*Paper*Scissors") and some other fabulous art supplies with a Hobby Lobby gift card, too.

WOOT!

Yes, the holiday loot was fabulous and just what I wanted...everything ART! YAY for me.

I hope your holidays have been wonderful and filled with love and joy and peace.

Until next time...Happy Creating!!!

Peace & Love,


Be sure to subscribe so you
Don't miss a crafty thing!

10 comments:

  1. Hi, Barb! All three of those books are on my wishlist ... but I only got one of these three: Journal Revolution. You have great taste! Can't wait to see pics of the journal you begin to wreck! ;-) Hope you and yours have a tremendous holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh! you have been loaded with goodies! great hé! enjoy! and the bind-it-all is really what you need! i love mine! it opens so many possibilities!!! so have FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will love those pens! I played with mine the whole time we traveled to and from Washington-they are awesome! I just went to Dick Blick and ordered more colors:-)
    xoxo
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You got quite a haul. All wonderful gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Santa was very good to you this year, you must have been an good girl. Lots and lots of goodies to play with. Now I want to see your handmade journals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you got some great goodies! And the new header looks fantastic too....might have been a while since I came by (normally read you in my RSS feed) but love that you incorporated your art! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are some awesome gifts to receive - congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barb! I am SO happy that you got all those fab goodies (and a little jealous, too!) I picked up some WONDERFUL ink-pencils the other day at Hobby Lobby and I love them SOOO much. They have made me want to branch out so maybe I'll snatch up some of those shades of grey pencils and see what happens!

    Happy New Year!

    Renee :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You hit the jackpot! I can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eeeks - so many yummy books I see!! :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...