Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Little of This...

a little of that. 

You know, kind of a schmorgasboard. lol

I've done a little more art journaling in the past few days.  This page, based on the Goddess Artemis, was done for a workshop I'm taking from Suzi Blu called "Be.Devine." It's all about learning to love your inner goddess(es), each individual part of yourself.

And I am really loving it!

Suzi never fails to make her workshops/classes fun, informative, entertaining, and I learn so very much from her...and from the assignments she gives us.

This class is certainly no exception.

I have another page started featuring the Goddess Hespia. I've also got to get started on a "sculpture" of sorts. I am so looking forward to that assignment, it's just finding the time to do it with Christmas and my oldest daughter moving all happening right now.

Whew! I feel like my plate is so full right now and creating my art seems to be my only refuge from all the stress and hoopla of these busy days.

In this massively busy season that has me feeling pressured to no end, I have managed to  finish ALL of my holiday shopping (we're doing it much lighter this year, with more handmade items) so that's one thing I can mark off of my endless list of things to-do. YAY! I do still have a few handmade items to finish up but even those won't take me too awful long.

I do try to etch out at least an hour a day to be creative and just go off into "my zone"...if I don't do that I'm afraid I'll completely lose my sanity.

This is my latest Pretty Girl I'm working on for my "Les Petite Dolls" class I'm taking.  The photo is a few days old so I've made some progress from what you see here.  Her wings look totally different and I've done more layers, too.

I'm really liking her...pink hair and all.

I wish I could work on her and my journals more than I'm able but in a week, when we've gotten my oldest daughter packed and moved back to Arkansas (which is a good thing for me stress-wise but also makes me a bit sad, too), things around our house will calm down tremendously and I believe I will begin to feel better.  When my stress level is high, my creativity is affected terribly so I am looking forward to having some peace around here.

Lots of creating I want to do.  I feel the sewing machine calling out to me lately and would really love to get my art studio re-arranged and organized, not to mention all of the assignments I feel like I'm behind on.  Lots of things I look forward to doing...I just need some peace to get any of it done.

And peace is just around the corner.

OH, how could I forget...I've won some GREAT contests on some of my favorite blogs in the past few days.  OMG at the great stuff.  I won a copy of Ricë Freeman-Zachary's "StampArtistry" directly from the author (whom I ADORE!) at her fun, funky and just fabulous website, Notes from the Voodoo Cafe. Then I won a copy of Ricë's latest book, "Living the Creative Life," that I've been dying for (but forbidden from buying because it's the holidays and my kids told me NOT to buy any new books or anything else until after we open gifts...BAH!)  But no one said I couldn't win a copy...and I did! (YAY, go me!) I won it from the wonderful Supria at Encaustic Musings.

How cool is that?

I am just a happy camper, I tell ya. I never win anything and here I am winning not one book that I have lusted over but TWO of them, all in a week.

Then there is the great set of rubber stamps and Distress ink I won last week from Anne at Gaal Creative.

I just had to share my good fortune. Things like this don't happen to me, especially not cool stuff like these wonderful goodies and never so many at one time.  Maybe I should start playing the lottery, huh? lol

I guess I should try to work on some of the handmade gifts I need to finish up.

Until next time...Happy Creating!!!

Peace & Love,


Be sure to subscribe so you
Don't miss a crafty thing!

15 comments:

  1. So Savannah moving was ahead of schedule, wasn't it? I mean I thought it was January - and are Shelby and her fiancee there. I just don't remember anymore but I try to keep track.

    We went much lighter on Christmas too, I more or less finished the shopping on Black Friday - believe me, the only reason I went so early was because I could NOT fall back asleep. It was pretty awful.

    Other than that, Ben is better, much better. Now its me with the cough and the overall crappiness. Still not as bad as I thought it would be, I really think all those vitamins help a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yeah, I am good. Its just time to physically get me healthy, I am tired of the weight. I want to wear cute things and go into any store and find anything. Its bits of depression I believe, but I will get there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel my sewing machine calling to me too! But I'm not surprised, it calls to me every winter! :)

    Happy creating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your version of Artemis. Mine is still in the rough stages. Taking a class during the Christmas season has proven to be a rugged thing for me. I thank you for your lovely comments on my blog and look forward to seeing the rest of your Goddess pictures. I hope to have my first Goddess up for public viewing soon. I'm now into puppet making for presents as the Holiday hassle continues! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Barb! If you do win that lottery, hope you'll remember those of us who started you on your winning streak! ;-)

    Congratulations on winning all your goodies. Enjoy the abundance entering your life, even as a part of you leaves. Hope you and yours have a wonderful holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Barb!

    I tagged you on my blog tonight.

    Peace & Love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Barb,
    I am loving your art.....Just beautiful...
    Check out my blog....I've left you an award
    Many blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks again for dropping by my blog and sharing my winter-wonderland with me. Your comments and artwork are always such an inspiration! I hope your Christmas preperations are going wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,

    I wish you Yuletide Joy and A Blessed New Year together with your family.

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your abundance Barb....love your goddess, inner diva creations..wishing you peace and lots of time to create in the very near future...
    Happy Solstice, Happy Holidays
    Supria

    ReplyDelete
  11. that journal is amazing!
    kim ~ TCB

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Barb! Just wanted to say how much I like your Artemis picture. I love the quote: "Be yourself. Who else is better qualified?" And I'm very fond of Eleanor's quote: "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Very nice page!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Barb, Haven't heard from you in awhile! I am glad to hear that "stuff" will be settling down for you soon. After the holidays everyone will be able to get down to serious crafting. Your creativity has taken a really nice turn, I really do love what you are creating. Your site looks terrific to, I just love the colors. I have been super busy preparing for Christmas as well, this is the first year since I have been in Manitoba that my daughter is coming for Christmas, it's been 10 years! I usually always head west. I wish you very happy holidays, Seasons Greetings and I will talk to you in the New Year. Until then happy crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for stopping by! Love your journal pages, isn't keeping a journal the best destressor? Have a wonderful holiday week!
    xoxo
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...