Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Art for Art's Sake

I've been creating lately but it's all been for me, not for outside human consumption. Just creating for the sake of creating...Art for art's sake, if you will. Sometimes that just feels good...not for show or for sale, just because it's fun and it's what I like to do.

I'm really getting into art journaling. I never knew of all the creative outlets there are out there until I began really searching them out and OH MY at the wonderful things I've come across. I find myself just wanting to try everything! Altering books, collages, encaustics, art journaling, fabric mixed media (especially using quilting as a base), so many different mediums and each one is beautiful and creative and just..just wonderful!

These are a few of the journal pages I've done lately...just creative outlets for my thoughts and my art, all tied up into one.

Romance and love on one and being a tender, sensitive woman while still maintaining my  autonomy and strength on another.  There are tons more, just a couple that I kinda like.

I think working on my way of thinking is and probably will continue to affect and expand my mind as well as my creative side.  My art changes all the time.

It's strange now that I've allowed myself to become immersed in my creative soul how often I will be doing something like folding a load of towels and *BAM*, an idea will hit me like a brick and I have to stop what I'm doing and go mix that layer of paint (or whatever the idea was) and put it on that painting I've been working on.  It just amazes me that these ideas come out of me sometimes.

I'm also amazed at the work of others that I come across.  Original ideas and not some canned version or mimicry of someone elses work but true original ideas and art.  I love all that I'm seeing and learning and just feeling these days.

It is truly a new world to me.  A world I like.

Art for art's sake.

Until next time...Happy Creating!!!

Peace & Love,


Be sure to subscribe so you
Don't miss a crafty thing!

10 comments:

  1. Hi, Barb! I really like your journaling pages here! The romance one really feels romantic. And such lovely things you said about your hubby, too. I like the warrior one also... celebrating woman power! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't wonderful and fun to just create and explore and not have to worry that someone might not like it or might not appreciate it as much as you do? I really think some of the best art is created in this way. Without boundaries if you will. I love your pages. Especially your goddess page the colors and the big black words speak of something important, something to take notice of. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so good for you Barb, I can just tell!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Barb...love your idea of making art just for arts sake! Your journal is looking fabulous! Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. Love ya. - verlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pages are really pretty!!! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderfully delicious it is to create for no other purpose than for yourself, your soul, your eyes and your inspiration....Your posts reminds me that this is what is needed in my life at the moment..and I so look forward to the months of January and February..to do just that...create for the sake of nothing else but to create and find connection to soul.
    Love your pages that came out of this time..it is magical
    Thanks for sharing
    Supria

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's beautiful that you've discovered your creative side. It's like a present.
    Something you never thought you had, but was waiting inside of you for you to discover it the whole time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey - thanks for the comment on my blog about the knitting. love your stuff - my friend's a goddess - I'll tell her to come and look X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Barb! I'm so happy you received your goodies and that you like them! :-)

    Hope you and yours have a wonderful, fabulous holiday season! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh I really hope those journal pages aren't locked away in a book! The one thing I love about journal pages is their texture , it's a shame the net can't share that with us... Magical work Barb. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...