Monday, November 17, 2008

Sparkles gets a Dress

It was a productive and creative day for me and "Sparkles"...

I finished woodburning, the first layer of the background and she's not naked anymore, either! More shading on her face, some detail to the stars and to "Sparkles" herself.

I'm not minding the grain running through the wood anymore, either. It gives her kind of a rustic/folkart look that I am liking more than I thought I would.

I am finding that I am pretty meticulous and into detail the more I do to her. I still have some detail work to her face to do before I move on to adding to the mixed media effect of the piece. The shading around the edges of her face are a little yellow and dark for my liking so I am going to tone her down a little.

Now, she's finally got her clothes on in this one. You can't see the sparkles in her dress but trust me, they're there.

I'm pretty proud of the shading to the underside of her dress, too. I'm liking my little "Sparkles" girl...she looks peaceful and happy as she hangs the stars in their place in the sky.

Until next time...Happy Creating!!!

Peace & Love,


Be sure to subscribe so you
Don't miss a crafty thing!

5 comments:

  1. She looks wonderful honey, I think this is really good for you.

    Big hugs, I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh she is just lovely..your painting is coming along so nicely..can't wait till I am feeling better so I can get back to doing some art!! I get so antsy whenever I can't be creative..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's very pretty. I too like the woodgrain showing through it gives the color added depth! Thanks for dropping by my blog and posting, it makes me smile. =)
    Hugs!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! She is FABULOUS!!!! I love her!

    Renee :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful :) That's all I can say. She's beautiful. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...