Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Sparkles, Completed

I finally managed to finish my Pretty Girl, "Sparkles." And she does sparkle, even though the pictures don't pick it up very well. (I do have to replace a little blue star in her hair and she has to be sealed...but creatively, she's finished.)

The star she's holding is totally glistening with glitter...and the blue dots you see are a transparent pearlescent paint that you can only see when looking at her at certain directions.

Blah, blah, blah...nevermind.

Just trust me, she looks much different in person...pictures never do capture everything.

The words underneath her say "She lights up the night with sparkling stars"....since you can't read them from this angle, I thought I'd throw that in there. (Thanks for asking, Teale!)

I want to seal her with beeswax but she's big (12" x 24") and I don't have much beeswax so I may have to go with polyurethane for this one.

I dunno.

I am ready to start my next pretty girl...I already have tons of ideas for her.

Mmmm, I love creating art. It makes me feel so good and productive and freeeeeeeee.

Oh, and by the way, I haven't cut my hair....yet. LOL But the day isn't over, either.

Until next time...Happy Creating!!!

Peace & Love,


Be sure to subscribe so you
Don't miss a crafty thing!

17 comments:

  1. This looks so great! I can't tell what the words are underneath her though, just from the distance of the photo. Can you share?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb, she's gorgeous! What paints did you use for her face? I'm liking the tones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank for your lovely comments - I have been filling in new journal pages like crazy all morning, and it feels GrEaT!
    life is good; and hair might or might not be cut, because the day isn't over yet -- love that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. she is beautiful! love the colors and all the stars and sparkle too. very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barb, I am amazed at how much your paintings have evolved. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this one!

    I admit I am envious! I wanted to start doing art cards and then realized I REALLY can't draw!

    Renee :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barb, when are you going to start selling your artwork? I love folkart and some of what I've seen from you would go perfect with what I bought last night - think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's gorgeous Barb...you are on to a winner here!!
    Love
    Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. She looks so much like you, is she your sister? tee hee

    ReplyDelete
  9. she's just beautiful! i'd love to see her in person so i could witness all the SPARKLE!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love her Barb, so very much. Wherever you end up hanging her- think of Reagan because that is what she reminds me of.

    Love and miss you babes.
    Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is beautiful. Pardon me that I'm coming in the middle of a conversation, but what is your medium? What is she painted on?

    I'm trying to think of an alternative to poly for you. That stuff is so wicked. I paint with oils most of the time and have found Eco House products to be pretty good.

    I used to work for Jerry's Artarama so I learned a lot about art supplies.

    good luck on your ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful flying girl. Love the colors you use in all things - both the painting and your blog. Glad I found you. jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Barb! I love your sparkly girl! Thanks for sharing her with us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is simply amazing! My mother would LOVE this! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just beautiful. She has such a serene look on her face!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi - I came over here from who knows where... Love the painting it is fabulous! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...