Thursday, November 13, 2008

SALE and Trial & Error

First, before I forget to mention it...I've decided that I'm tired of the things in my Etsy shop. I want to work on new things but can't find the umph to do it when there are already things done that haven't sold. Sooooo, I'm having a SALE!!! Yes, a pretty good one, too.

Think Christmas Gifts! Yea, load up on some cools stuff, handmade at that, for one of a kind Holiday gift giving. Check it out through the link in my sidebar or you can click HERE. Go forth and buy lots of stuff...clean out my shop and make me start from scratch...please. *muah* Thanks. LOL

In other news....I'm working on a new Pretty Girl...a much larger one...12" x 24" birchwood board is my canvas. I thought I'd be intimidated by starting one this large but, surprisingly, I'm not...I'm just seeing it as more space for creativity.

Yea, it's all in your perception in the long run. And that's a life thing, not just an art thing, either.

This Pretty Girl, Queen of Big Dreams, is an ATC sized (2 1/2" x 3 1/2") piece I've been playing with for a couple of days at bedtime. I have to doodle or draw or do some kind of art before I can sleep. Many nights it amounts to doing some artistic and verbal vomit combined in my art journal but other days, it's things like this girl.

I find that I like to play around with different things and see how they will turn out on my pieces.

With her, I tried some embossing poweder in her hair...eh, not likin' it so much. It's too...too....blunt...doesn't mesh into her hair enough. But that's okay, we try things to see if they work...the ones that do, we keep doing...the ones that don't, we ditch.

I think if I'm going to emboss in the hair it will need to be a more gradual effect next time and not such blunt beginnings and endings.

Oh well...I still like her. Especially her blue-gray eyes. Piercing, aren't they.

Okay, off to work on my BIG Girl.

Until next time...Happy Creating!!!

Peace & Love,


Be sure to subscribe so you
Don't miss a crafty thing!

4 comments:

  1. By Golly Barb, I think you have found real calling in life - you're an artist - Really!!
    I'm truthfully loving your work, what are the sizes of these?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving all of your new artwork! Looks like you've been doing this for years! So whimsical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that picture, it's beautiful. I'll also have to check out your etsy shop, I'm always looking for new and innovative designs when it comes to jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've toyed with Etsy a bit and have considered attempting it again. I just don't know if I would actually sell anything. I wanted to thank you for dropping by my blog and leaving comments, it's been very encouraging! Thank you for your sweetness!

    Blessings!!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...