Wednesday, November 19, 2008

More Homemade Stamps

Just a quickie before dinner but I just had to share my newest homemade stamps.

I started with very geometric shapes in yesterdays post but I got this idea in my head (you know how we artsy-fartsy types are, always dreaming something new up) and thought I'd carry my stamp creating a step further.

These are today's creations in my stamp making venture...

I am loving on all of them but I really like the sunset (or sunrise, depending on your state of mind).

Okay, they're all my favorites...the stars (which will be getting good use in my "Sparkles" Pretty Girl later tonight), and how can you not dig the leafy branch, the leaf, the harlequinesque (yea, made that one up myself just now) diamonds...just all of them.  I really like them.

  And, I'm going to go ahead and admit it but don't go telling anyone I was on here bragging on myself or anything, okay?....OMG I am so impressed with myself and the feather!

This feather is the BOMB!

Look at the detail!!!

Wow, huh?  Yea, me likey!  LOL

Oh, and someone (was it you, Teale) mentioned the durability of the foam and having to use acrylic paints only on them.  Well, before I began my little venture into stamp creating I tested out something to see if I would be able to use them more than once (cause that would really piss me off if I put all this time and effort into something that I could only use once!) and this is what I found....

You are not stuck using just acrylic paints.  If you want to use inks or chalks, you can.  To clean these babies you just have to be gentle and use Simple Green household cleaner.  It won't deteriorate the foam and will clean the ink off like butta!

YEA...these babies will go the distance...trust me.

Now get out there and make ya some, hear me?  LOL

Until next time...Happy Creating!!!

Peace & Love,


Be sure to subscribe so you
Don't miss a crafty thing!

20 comments:

  1. I love that you are so excited -

    and they really dolook awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Barb--you have a blog too! Yay! (it's Meek from Suzi Blu)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been all *pout pout* Barb doesn't have a journal but YAY! I kept looking for you under your other name.

    I hope you don't mind that I follow your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really nice... I love the geometric patterns from both this post and the one before...but I absolutely love the feather...That really rocks! Well done!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, my doodle stamps made from fun foam pale in comparison. I'm going to have get some more fun foam and get a bit more creative with my drawings. These are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Barb,
    That feather stamp is the bomb!!! LOL Thanks for the tip on the goldens medium, I tried that, and I have achieved the look I was going for .......without spending any cash cause I had some of that magic stuff at home :) So thanks for the tip much appreciated. All the best, Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. really nice stamps!
    Did you design your header?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! Just wow! I love em! the feather and omg the leaves too..wow wow..makes me think hmmm I now I got a jenga game round here somewhere..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous, no I didn't design my header...it was sent to me by a blog reader. I just found out that it was stolen from another blog and I have removed it.
    Peace & Love,
    ~Barb~

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog - and this idea to use jenga blocks - just brilliant! I will be doing this for holiday cards -- thanks for the great tip, and I will come back often.
    peace.
    -Em

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, so very cool!!

    Hey, if you ever need more jenga blocks...seriously,tell me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderfully delicious! I can see these used on brown kraft paper for custome wrapping paper too! You have a wonderful imagination, I'm inspired to give this a try myself! Go Jenga! =P

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow! you make this look so easy and i'm sure it isn't. but, as a fellow craft junkie, i'm going to give it a try!! loving your blog -- my fitst visit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Barb thanks for taking the time to read my blog and leave such a honest and wise post..hmmm maybe we should collaborate on the book idea??LOL You are such a warm, real, fun, and talented person..I am so glad to have you as my friend..your continued support and friendship are truly so gratefully cherished..thank you
    hope you have a great weekend and yay 3 week challenge starts tomorrow..did you sign up? Are you ready? I don't feel so ready but going to give it my best shot..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love what your creating here. Great art stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Barb, you are SOOOO creative! I want to try that SO bad but I just don't have the knack for that sort of thing. The sunrise is amazing.

    Renee :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are awesome! Smart thinking you crafty woman!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your homemade stamps! Yay!

    Would you like to trade blog links? Just let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the sunrise too! Really lovely use of the space/stamp surface.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...