Monday, October 13, 2008

The Process

I've been creating lots of ATCs lately, mostly the Zentangles but a few other kinds, too.

This one, "On Gossamer Wings", is probably my very favorite piece I've done so far. Why? Because first off, I've always said I can't draw...but I drew this...in INK! And I've never done water colors either but after I drew it, I got out the watercolors and painted it instead of using the old trusty markers.

That makes this a piece of challenged art...trying new things, going into uncharted creative territory...and looking at what came out the other side, I'm happy!

I love it!

I had no idea how it would turn out but I didn't let the outcome affect the beginning. I just started with a picture in my mind and went with the flow. Very Zen like in it's creation, just doing what felt right and not worrying about the finished piece, only about the task at hand each moment.

And, bit by bit, piece by piece, it became a wonderful piece that I am proud of. It's real and it's me.

I think I learned something about life in doing this, too. Trust the process and stop worrying about the outcome...just let go and do it.

Hope you're all creating and enjoying the process. Step out of your comfort zone and create something new and strange and different. Share it with me...I'd love to see.

Until next time....Happy Creating!!!

Peace & Love,


Be sure to subscribe so you
Don't miss a crafty thing!

4 comments:

  1. I have to say I do love you! Great Blog!!

    -Meaghan

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one beautiful card!! Kudos for drawing in INK (wow!) and breaking out the watercolors. It certainly paid off =)

    Glenda
    http://wrenandstitchy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh honey!! That is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!
    Bit by bit,piece by piece...one step at a time!
    (kinda like my name...bits and pieces!)

    I love it..
    and I love you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did an AWESOME job! I love making ATC's!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...