Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Off to the Races

Crafty Blog of the Day: DancingMermaid
This blog is beauty and creativity epitomized.
You will really be missing out if you don't go visit...
and be sure to drop a comment
and tell 'em Barb the Craft Junkie sent ya!

============================================


I don't know if I've ever talked here about the fascination my hubby and I have with NHRA drag racing.  We LOVE to watch the drag races but we especially love to go to the drag races...not the local stuff but the REAL professional races.  We go to the ones in Memphis and in Atlanta every year.

Richie, the hubby, loves the cars and the sounds and smells of the track...I, on the other hand, love the personalities and rooting for the underdogs.  Yea, I'm a girl, what can I say?

Anyway, over the 3 years since we've been together and since I've gotten hooked on drag racing, I have become a huge fan of one of the team sponsors, Marty Yacoobian...also known as "Marty, Marty the one man party!"  I adore this man.  He stands at the starting line and roots on the drivers he sponsors like no one else out there...he hoots and hollers, he dances and jumps for joy.  He is a true one man party...and his excitement and exuberance make me laugh and give me joy.  I am his biggest fan!  Really.

I was lucky enough to get to meet (and hug) him at the NHRA race in Atlanta back in April of this year and it absolutely made my year!  Can't you tell by the look on my face?  I am one happy girl, I tell ya!  Marty looks like he should have a starring role on "The Sopranos" but no, instead you'll never see a race without him there, doing his dances and giving high fives for his drivers.

And because I'm his biggest fan and we are heading to the NHRA races in Memphis this weekend, I couldn't let it pass without showing my love for Marty, so I will be wearing this wonderful creation of a tshirt to the race on Sunday.

I plan on having my picture made with Marty and having him sign it, too!

So, what do ya think?


Fun, huh?  I can't wait to wear it...and for Marty to see it, too.  He is such a hoot, I know he will howl with laughter about it, too.  I told him I was the President and founding member of the "Marty the Party" fan club and he thought that was so funny.  Now he'll have evidence that I really am his biggest fan, huh?

Anyway, I think this shows that I am trying to be creative again and have something to look forward to, too...our little vacation to Memphis and the races.

Maybe when we get back, I will feel like updating more often.

Until then....

Happy Crafting!!!

Peace & Love,


Be sure to subscribe so you
Don't miss a crafty thing!

7 comments:

  1. Have a great time at the races, and I love the shirt! Can't wait to see pics, when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww! I love the shirt! It's too cute!!
    I wish I had $$ to drive up and meet y'all for dinner,but right now, I don't even have enough $$ to buy toilet paper. *sighs*
    I'm so glad y'all are getting to go away for the weekend! You SOOO need this!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrific shirt, I just love your logo! I hope you and hubs have a really super time maybe the weekend away will do you a world of good. Huggles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the shirt rocks!! hope you've been having fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really miss you and wish that I would hear from you. I have left notes and messages and have heard nothing back. I hope you had a great time and that you are starting to feel better. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Kiddo, just check my profile, gave your etsy a shoutout... Starting up a new blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...