Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Newest Art Form

Crafty Blog of the Day:
Sorry...no crafty blog of the day today...
I'm just too tired and ill to find a one.
(Know of a crafty blog for me to feature?  
Suggest in a comment...I'd love to have the input!)

============================================


I did want to share the small things I'm working on lately, thought. 

Being ill has kept me out of my craft studio for the most part over the past month...that would explain the lack of crafty posts.  I suffer from panic/anxiety disorder, depression, diabetes, and on and on, blah, blah, blah.  Well, they've all had me in their grip lately and it's really done a job on my creativity, as well as my energy.

But, I'm still thinking of things and have found that small projects are things I can accomplish, even with limited energy so I give you: ATCs...Artist Trading Cards.  These are my creations in a 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" form.


They can be done in any medium...paint, pencil, paper, collage (my favorite!), ink, fabric, and on and on...the only real rule is that they must be 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" and on a stiff enough backing to withstand whatever treatment you're going to give them.  I use heavy watercolor paper or chipboard.

I have found this is a good way to be creative without feeling like I am bound to my studio for hours on end.  Plus, it's fun.

If you're interested, I have joined a web-group called ATCsforAll that trades ATCs, so come join in on the fun.  (I can loaf the 'net all the time...that takes NO energy.)

I hope you're all doing well and crafting up a storm.

Happy Crafting!!!

Peace & Love,


Be sure to subscribe so you
Don't miss a crafty thing!

8 comments:

  1. oh,we HAVE to trade ATCs!! I don't belong to any web groups because I never can keep up with them anymore.

    ATCs are what I do with a lot of "leftovers", so they often reflect larger pieces in some way. They're kind of addictive,aren't they? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh... love those!

    Hope you are feeling better soon hun. take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love 'em. I've done a few ATCs myself. I love the tiny finishable projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a cool idea! and I really like the designs you made. btw, I can relate to the depression part of your struggles. I have been dealing with severe depression and bi-polar disorder the last few years. You're not alone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always loved these little cards. I'm going to have to give it a try myself sometime. I really like the top card you did.

    Do you do trading card swaps with other crafty folks?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been thinking on making the cutsie cards to, just have not got around to it yet. I am sorry that you are still feeling ill, I hope you start to feel better soon. I am still working hard in my yard to the point of physical exhaustion some days, but I plug on because our nice weather is so limited now. I send you hugs and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are soon feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those!! The moon one especially!!
    I swear, you have so much creativity! I never woulda thought of something like that.
    I wish I were crafty.
    I wish I had time to be crafty, even if I WERE crafty!!
    xoox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...