Sunday, September 14, 2008

More of the Same

Crafty Blog of the Day: Daisy's Mom Knits
Daisy's Mom is a good friend of mine and she loves
to knit! Duh, right? Anyway, she is a knitting whiz and I
envy her abilities...go visit and be sure to drop a note
and tell her Barb the Craft Junkie sent ya!

============================================

It's more of the same from me right now.

More ATCs.

Why? Well, they are small and easily completed in one sitting without droning on for days...days when I don't know if I will be feeling like getting back to them.

I don't guess that's a bad thing because at least I am trying to be creative, even if only in short bursts...but I do know that there are sewing and jewelry projects that I want (or is it NEED) to do that I just can't seem to focus or concentrate enough to start, much less finish.

Anyway, here are two new pieces that I've put together in the past few days.

This first one was inspired by a Zetti clown that I found in my stash of goodies. (If you don't know what Zetti images are, check out their WEBSITE of stamps and collage sheets...to say that it is very original work is an understatement...it is whimsical and yet very mature at the same time.)

Anyway, there are days I feel like that clown so I decided that she needed some color (she was just black and white) and some beads to give her some LIFE and some color...some uniqueness!

Then I realized that what I did to her really boiled down to being true to yourself...just being who you are at your core, never you mind what others say or think.

Each of us is one of a kind...this card is the epitome of those things. Just be yourself. Who else better to be you than you, right?

This one is made from one of those background thingies that comes in a picture frame (the fake picture to show what a great frame your buying - Yea, that thing) that I had saved for-ev-er. It was a plain pen drawing on white of a tree. A beautiful and intricate tree. I have a thing for trees.

Anyway, I took the drawing and used markers and watercolors to color the tree a beautiful shade of summer green. What goes better with summertime than play? Besides, this tree just begs to be the hangout for the neighborhood kids and needed a tire swing. So that brought on the hemp cording and a tiny rubber o-ring.

Once that was done, it just looked right. The summer I turned 4, 1969, this would have been THE place I would have loved to have spend my days playing, I'm sure.

For those of you thinking about picking up doing ATCs, do it! They are small works of art that you can unleash your creativity on but not be tied to it for days and days. And if you want to trade cards with me, let me know....I'd love to get our trade on! LOL

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Happy Crafting!!!

Peace & Love,


Be sure to subscribe so you
Don't miss a crafty thing!

6 comments:

  1. wonderful :)

    We should start a little swap.

    You know what else I love about ATCs? They can be portable. I often just gather all my bits and pieces of what I'm working on and some glue and whatever into a big envelop and take it along with me to the playground or the park. Well, of course, this plan backfires on windy days but luckily, there's always knitting to fall back on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a while since i've made any new aceo's, but I SO need to... they are my craft therapy... thanks for the nudge!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for posting your work! I have little canvases that arrived in the mail from a fellow Etsian that I plan turning into my FIRST art cards later today. I am SO excited! I just don't know where to begin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so beautiful. I have never heard of these before but hoe prescious and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I just recently starting making ATC's and I love that they're creations on a smaller scale and I don't have to spend too much time on them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...