Saturday, August 23, 2008

Felonious Crafting

Crafty Blog of the Day: Cutie Booty Cakes
Renee over at Cutie Booty Cakes has the most adorable craft...
y'all just have to see it!  And she sells 'em, too!  
They are so perfect for a shower gift..they're just awesome!
Check out her goodies...and be sure to drop a comment
and tell her Barb the Craft Junkie sent ya!

============================================


I can't seem to win for losing.

Unfortunately it has been brought to my attention that I, without forethought, malice or intent, I did something that violated the law with my magazine file tutorial. Now, mind you, I didn't think about this or realize that I was violating any laws...I was just being "thrifty" and didn't have any boxes the right size around the house.

But fear not, the ever mindful craft-police found me in all of the billions of pages of the internet and was quick to call me out on my terrible felonious actions:

Anonymous said...

I don't suppose you saw that cute little notice that using Priority Boxes for anything other than sending Priority Mail is a Federal Offense?

Here it is: "I understand that Express Mail, Priority Mail, Global Express Guaranteed, Express Mail International and Priority Mail International packaging is the property of the United States Postal Service and is provided solely for sending Express Mail, Priority Mail, Global Express Guaranteed, Express Mail International and Priority Mail International. Misuse may be a violation of federal law."

Besides, misusing these boxes only raises postal rates for those of us trying to make a living by shipping things out to our customers. Your little project that saves YOU a little change ends up costing us ALL in increased charges. Maybe you should find another way to store your magazines...

August 23, 2008 5:31 PM

From the sounds of this wonderful little note, I have committed an offense only one step shy of murder.  *gasp*  Geez Louise!  So, in order to placate a whiny pants follow the law, NOTE: boys and girls, when making the magazine file by following my tutorial, be sure to only use recycled priority mail boxes or boxes that you purchase or find legally...lest the crafty-police show up at your door and make an example out of you! *rolls eyes*

Okay, I've done my civic duty and promise, cross my heart, to never, ever, EVER do anything like that again...so lets move on, shall we?

Good!

Speaking of the infamous and felonious magazine file, here she is all decorated and pretty!

I've got to make a few more (with recycled boxes, of course!) for my jewelry/beading magazines, general craft magazines, catalogs, etc...but this one is for my paper craft magazines.

Ain't she purty?!?!  LOL

This one is covered in my 25 cent, thrift store wrapping paper and some embellishements I made with my Cricut.  I think I am getting better and learning more as time goes along.

Now, if I just had the energy to craft all the time but, unfortunately, health issues are plaguing me like crazy lately so I haven't felt like doing much of anything (so y'all forgive me for not being a good friend and commenting the way I should right now, too.)  I have a doctors appointment Monday and hopefully that will bring some relief...until then, I can always read about my crafty subjects and make plans of what I want to create when I am feeling better, right?
Happy Crafting!!!

Peace & Love,


Be sure to subscribe so you
Don't miss a crafty thing!

17 comments:

  1. Thank you for featuring me on your page! This is great! I would like to learn more about the cricut machine when you have a chance. I have seen some for sale on ebay but want to talk with you about it first. Please email me..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post was cracking me up! I am not even sure what to say other than some people really do need a life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since you love me, it's ok for me to use the "F" word on your blog,right? Ok, just checking.

    Are you fucking kidding me? Who the fuck has time to even CARE about stupid ass shit like usages of priority boxes?

    Ok,that's all I wanted to say.I really hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for featuring my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess everyone likes to steal from the grocery store too? Hell, they have plenty. Who the fuck has time to worry about paying for it? (See, even the whiny pants know how to swear). Prices are too high anyway, right? Give me a break. The next time you complain that shipping is too much when placing an order online, just remember that. Get real. Stealing costs everyone. If you don't pay for it at Target, you'll pay for it everywhere else as prices go up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so THAT's where those sirens I heard were going!! To YOUR house!!
    lol

    I've saved the boxes that I got all my school folders in...when you buy a cajillion of them they let you carry them home in those boxes. Now I just need to cover them somehow and make them purty like your's!!!

    health issues??? what's goin on? Since you stopped blooping, I never hear from you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whew! Thats all I'm gonna say! I sure hope you feel better soon, I send you a big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi honey- I am missing you sweetie and hope that all is ok. I know you arent a huge fan of Bloop these days, so I am going to make it a point to come here so I can at least keep up with you.

    I love you sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. BTW- why cant the annoyomous ass say who they are, or are they too big a wuss to do it? I dont understand how someone can be up on such a high horse, and then be such a coward.

    They must be a Republician, eh?
    *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  10. That really is so pretty. I've never seen wrapping paper like that before. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha... I thought of that when I saw your tutorial, but didn't think it was worth mentioning...

    *slaps hands*

    now... back to crafting...
    hehee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why is it that the self-rightous ass-hats who rant and rave at people always do so annonymously? If they are so moral and upstanding, why can't they be honest about their identities?

    Anyways, it's a box, get over it. I think the idea is super crafty, and cute. The fact that's it's sooooooo naughty just makes it more fun. lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh jeez!!! Seriously??? This is the most important thing that someone could think of to write you about? It's the absolute peak of RUDE first of all to comment to someone just to be rude to them first of all.

    Second, is it hard to say " oh that's really nice but be careful, blah blah blah" if someone really does want to be sure to warn you? I can see not wanting people to do something wrong but to be rude about it just smacks of lack of manners. Amazing that parents forget to teach those and they obviously missed the boat with this one by a very long way.

    I have those things delivered to my house and I get tape and labels too. Take that! HOWEVER, I also use my boxes, tape and labels in accordance with the law and my friends that I ship to save the boxes for me and send them back to me later when they have something to send to me. After that I can use the thing for whatever i want.

    Sorry someone felt the need to be ugly to you. It really does amaze me how nasty people can be simply because they think the anonymity of the web allows them to be. Luckily, you can stick your tongue out at them and go on with your day knowing you're a much better person than that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I pity the snitches of the world, they must be very unhappy with themselves to spend precious hours looking for trouble.

    I used to make the same type of mag. holders out of the OLD-style powdered detergent boxes.

    I have read that even recycling can be considered infringement because the company owns the trademark....geesh!

    Your heart was in the right place.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. There is an award for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So you need to do a search on USPS box furniture. I think about two years ago there was a news story about a guy in New York(?) that constructed all of his furniture with postal boxes. I didn't hear any sirens...LOL Maybe you need to eat more cereal and use those boxes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh phooey! Somebody always HAS to rain on the parade. Last week I tore the tag off of one of my couch cushions, and yes it did say do not remove under penalty of law. I am waiting to get caught. Gasp!

    I loved your tutorial, and plan to make some for myself with RECYCLED priority mail boxes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...