Thursday, June 5, 2008

No Time...like the Present

Crafty Blog of the Day: Lapidary Queen Wannabees

I signed up for Entrecard in order to try and get more
traffic for my blog here. Little did I know I'd actually
make friends and find awesome blogs in doing so.
If you want to see some beautiful hand-created jewelry,
you must give her a visit!
Be sure to tell her I sent you, too.

============================================

It was my intention to post Part II of my tutorial yesterday but, as it can often do, life has stepped up the pace around me and gotten in the way.

It seems that this entire week has been eaten up by helping my wonderful hubby get ready for his store's Grand Opening. I've been doing all the prep work for today's big celebration because he just doesn't have time or energy (and, being that he enables me to stay home and get "well", it's the least I can do).

In fact, managing the store has about overwhelmed him...seriously.

For the past two days he's been absolutely beaten down. Too much to do and not nearly enough time to do it.

So I have stepped in to do what I can do to help him.

I've organized the Grand Opening...picked up all the needed foods and supplies (except for the hamburgers, hot dogs, ice and buns...but I'm leaving to get those shortly), found ice chests and grills, finagled (is that really a word?) a tent/awning thing, got word out on the radio about it, begged 3 big folding tables and 25 folding chairs for the event....hmmmm, what am I forgetting?

Anyway, you can see what I mean. It's been a very busy week so I haven't been around much. But after I spend the day there today, cooking burgers and dogs and being the good manager's wife, I can come home and get back to my routine...maybe. lol I really want/need to finish my tutorial, too...but it will have to wait until tomorrow. Today, duty calls.

Anyway, I just wanted to pop in and let y'all know I haven't disappeared. I will be back tomorrow with Part II of our Shrink Plastic jewelry tutorial, so be sure to check back. It's gonna be fabulous! lol

Now, I'm off to shower and start running again.

Until then, be safe and happy crafting.

Peace & Love,

9 comments:

  1. Goodness you are a busy lady! I wish your hubby and you well with the grand opening. I know how taxing a business can be on a person, I feel for him. Its not a good feeling when a person is not sure if they will be able to take one more step! I look forward to hearing all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I answered your note elsewhere.... And, of course I showed ya some love. I was waiting for your store to be established, but then I took a break from the weight blog. All links count in getting ya noticed baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slow and take a breath. Hubby too! Good luck with the grand opening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for featuring me in your headlines today. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to comment my blog
    Success for you

    The Success

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! I am also finding great crafty blogs via entrecard.(including yours!) When I first signed up back in December it was pretty slim pickings and seemed most of the blogs were -how to put this kindly - I'll just say not of my interest. There were a couple, but not too many. It seems now that things have really taken off and my blog reader gets at least one blog added to it each day.

    Sounds like you have your hands full with the store, but how exciting at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I interview artists from around the world and would be interested in interviewing you. Free and fun. http://1stangel.co.uk/forms.htm Hope you can make it :) 1stAngel

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am actually visiting from entrecard. I'm still trying to figure it out, but finding some great blogs to visit! Love seeing crafty & mom blogs there. When I first heard about it, I passed doing it because there weren't many blogs of interest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't Entracard great...we join for one reason but stay for another!

    Best wishes on your husbands new venture...hope all goes well for you both!

    Maybe once the grand opening is over you both can stop and take a breather so you don't run yourselves down...

    Enjoy your weekend!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...