Monday, June 30, 2008

Amy Butler Heaven

Crafty Blog of the Day: treva dea
I feel this affinity for Treva. Maybe it's the traveling around
the country thing, maybe it's the missing her older kid, maybe
it's her creative side. Whatever it is, you have to go check her out.
She's a hoot and a joy to follow along with so
check out her blog...and tell her Barb the Craft Junkie sent ya!

============================================

Y'all know how much I LOVE checking the mail. Since I can be a bit of a shopping fool (the greener the better), more often than not it holds wonderful little packages (sometimes big ones!) and those packages are such joy to me in my little life.

Saturday's mail was no exception!

I have been in a sewing mood lately but really didn't have any fabrics other than some wonderful 5x5" squares I purchased from one lovely Etsy seller. So you can relate to me when I tell you that I needed more fabric.

I mean, how can you make cute bags and wallets without a nice fabric stash, right?

OMG, there is nothing better than Amy Butler fabrics, I tell ya! Opening that package Saturday that contained a wonderful 17 fat quarters (yes, I go a little overboard when I start shopping, so?) was absolute JOY!

I have one word for you...YUM-MY!

Pinks and greens and blues and just heaven...pure heaven. Ahhhh!

They're so gorgeous I hate to cut into them. But I have an idea for a mini-messenger bag, rag quilt style, that I want for myself. Big enough to hold some cash, my cell phone, my drivers license & credit cards, cigarettes & lighter (yea, I smoke..yuk, I know!) and a little bit of other stuff if need be...with a cross body size strap and a flap over the front.

I've got the vision in my head but I have yet to come across one that is what I'm envisioning. So, now I've got the goods to do it and that is the plan for later today.

Right now (*smells armpits* WHEW!), a shower is much needed and, quite rightfully so, first up on the agenda.

Oh, and thanks to all of you who have began entering in my little contest. Be sure to spread the word. You're welcome to steal the little graphic I made up in my side bar and link it to the Contest announcement entry. No pressure, just a thought.

Y'all have a great Monday!

Take care & happy crafting!

Peace & Love,

Like this post?

Be sure to subscribe so you
Don't miss a crafty thing!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful fabrics! OMG I wish I was in a sewing mood! But I did purchase some shrinky dinks Yesterday, I am going to try your tut out..wish me luck! Have a super crafty day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also in an Amy Butler mood. She's my favorite for fabrics. Check out my project here:
    http://breakingeven.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/06/too-cute-tuesday-the-graphic-pillow.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those fabrics are absolutely gorgeous - I'm sure whatever you make from them will be equally as beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some gorgeous fabrics!! Very envious~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fabrics...can't wait to see what you make!!! Have fun...

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Amy Butler fabrics! Especially the new lines, they are so summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My girlfriend and her sister in law are addicted to Amy Butler fabrics. They are beautiful that is for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heaven......
    I'm in Heaven.....


    Do you think there are fabric anonymous groups out there? Do you think they swap fabric at them?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by. I am open to any comments, questions, suggestions, critiques, etc, so lay it on me...
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...